two keys for the same user with gpg - PGP

This is a discussion on two keys for the same user with gpg - PGP ; Hello, We have a key pair we use for mail going to an 'all' alias. Since there is a slight possibility that the key was compromised, we issue a new key. Now we have two keys for the same user. ...

  1. two keys for the same user with gpg

    Hello,

    We have a key pair we use for mail going to an 'all' alias. Since there
    is a slight possibility that the key was compromised, we issue a new
    key. Now we have two keys for the same user. I want to keep the old one
    so I can continue to decrypt old messages. I was able to add the new one
    to the key ring, but can only edit the old one. I've set to old one to
    'disabled', so new messages won't be encrypted with it. How do I edit
    the new key?

    gpg --edit-key "This is the new one "

    gives me the old 'all@somewhere.com'

    Thanks,

    Andy

  2. Re: two keys for the same user with gpg

  3. Re: two keys for the same user with gpg

    Igor,
    >How do I edit the new key? gpg --edit-key "This
    >>is the new one " gives me the old 'all@somewhere.com'

    > gpg --edit-key $( gpg --with-col --list-keys all@somewhere.com |
    > awk -F: '$1=="pub"{print $5}' | tail -1 )

    Thanks, that worked.

+ Reply to Thread