gpg-agent question - PGP

This is a discussion on gpg-agent question - PGP ; Hi all! I'm having some trouble with gpg-agent and hoped someone here may have an idea. What I would like to do is have gpg automatically decrypt and verify an incoming email. I decided that I didn't want to hard ...

  1. gpg-agent question

    Hi all!

    I'm having some trouble with gpg-agent and hoped someone here may have
    an idea. What I would like to do is have gpg automatically decrypt
    and verify an incoming email. I decided that I didn't want to hard
    code my passphrase, and tried to setup gpg-agent. This works fine
    from a commandline test, but not when used from procmail. I believe
    this is an issue with not having a tty? However, since the agent is
    already running and has my key cached it shouldn't need to call
    pinentry-curses...

    Output from perl script log:

    [GNUPG:] ENC_TO FEB62F90D5975682 16 0
    [GNUPG:] USERID_HINT FEB62F90D5975682 Jon Amundsen (Personal Key)
    undsen.dyndns.org>
    [GNUPG:] NEED_PASSPHRASE FEB62F90D5975682 B7D2DD84871BC2DC 16 0

    Any suggestions would be really appreciated!

    Thanks,

    Jon

  2. Re: gpg-agent question

    I never did get GPG agent working correctly, I finally gave up and just
    use the command line, and PGPpine for Pine. Let's face it, you don't
    need to varify _every_ message, do you?

    --
    - jayjwa 4 Spammers: mailto: listme@listme.dsbl.org

    ==Atr2.Ath.Cx: Linux Tough, Powered by Slackware.=============