PGP plugin 4.9.5 [PGP/MIME and localization enhancements] for Pegasus Mail released - PGP

This is a discussion on PGP plugin 4.9.5 [PGP/MIME and localization enhancements] for Pegasus Mail released - PGP ; Version 4.9.6 / 9-2003 (7.9.2003): - A new AutoList option enables you to define which of your recipients always should get PGP/MIME encoded messages (Linux users, e.g.) regardless of the global PGP/MIME setting; - Language handling has been improved in ...

  1. PGP plugin 4.9.5 [PGP/MIME and localization enhancements] for Pegasus Mail released

    Version 4.9.6 / 9-2003 (7.9.2003):

    - A new AutoList option enables you to define which of your recipients
    always should get PGP/MIME encoded messages (Linux users, e.g.) regardless
    of the global PGP/MIME setting;

    - Language handling has been improved in a way that allows you to just use
    Pegasus Mail's "-X xx" command line switch for changing the plugin's
    language - provided you've installed the required resources (see the
    respective instructions from the pure language module archives);

    - As always a couple of minor fixes and enhancements including the removal
    of the "Frontend" entry from the respective submenu (all it's functions
    are actually provided via other menu entries) and the removal of extra
    taskbar buttons for the plugin's windows.

    Download from:

    Version 4.9.6 / 9-2003 (7.9.2003):

    - Eine neue AutoList-Option ermöglicht es Ihnen festzulegen, welche
    EmpfängerInnen immer PGP/MIME-kodierte Nachrichten erhalten sollen
    (Linux-NutzerInnen z.B.), unabhängig von der globalen
    PGP/MIME-Einstellung;

    - Die Sprachumstellung wurde soweit verbessert, daß es nun einfach mittels
    Pegasus Mail's "-X xx" Kommandozeilenparameter möglich ist, die gewünschte
    Sprache des Plugins zu benutzen - vorausgesetzt die entsprechenden
    Ressourcen wurden installiert (siehe die jeweiligen Erläuterungen aus den
    reinen Sprachmodul-Archiven);

    - Wie üblich einige kleinere Korrrekturen und Verbesserungen
    einschließlich der Entfernung des "Frontend"-Eintrags aus dem
    gleichnamigen Untermenü (alle seine Funktionen werden letzlich via andere
    Menü-Einträge zur Verfügung gestellt) und der Entfernung der zusätzlichen
    Schaltflächen der Plugin-Fenster aus der Taskleiste.

    Download von:

    Michael

    --
    PGP Key ID (RSA 2048): 0xC45D831B
    PGP Plugin for Pegasus Mail:

  2. Re: Version 4.9.6, of course (was: PGP plugin 4.9.5 ... for Pegasus Mail released)

    Michael

    --
    PGP Key ID (RSA 2048): 0xC45D831B
    PGP Plugin for Pegasus Mail:

  3. Re: PGP plugin 4.9.6 [PGP/MIME and localization enhancements] for Pegasus Mail released

  4. Re: PGP plugin 4.9.6 [PGP/MIME and localization enhancements] for Pegasus Mail released

    > Hello,
    >
    > There seems to be something wrong with the AutoList function.
    > It does not keep the settings.
    > The \#x reverts to \0x and the +|- does not stick.
    > Whether via the GUI or editing the AutoList.txt file directly.
    > (+|- is not added by the GUI either)

    There may have been something wrong with your AutoList in the first place
    (i.e. any outdated entries)? The first time you restart Pegasus Mail after
    updating all your entries should get converted automatically. If you still
    have a previous version of the AutoList file try the following:

    1. Shutdown Pegasus Mail;

    2. Copy your previous AutoList.txt back to your mailbox directory (make
    sure the first text line reads "Update 4.8.5" - without the quotes);

    3. Change the [Version] section in the related PGPView.cfg to "No=495"
    (without quotes again).

    4. Restart Pegasus Mail.

    Does it now work correctly? You may also run "Update AutoList" from the
    Edit AutoList menu to remove any outdated entries (either with the old
    version on the old list or with the new version on the new list).

    Michael

    --
    PGP Key ID (RSA 2048): 0xC45D831B
    PGP Plugin for Pegasus Mail:

  5. Re: PGP plugin 4.9.6 [PGP/MIME and localization enhancements] for Pegasus Mail released

    On Sun, 07 Sep 2003 14:34:50 +0200, Michael in der Wiesche wrote:

    > > Hello,
    > >
    > > There seems to be something wrong with the AutoList function.
    > > It does not keep the settings.
    > > The \#x reverts to \0x and the +|- does not stick.
    > > Whether via the GUI or editing the AutoList.txt file directly.
    > > (+|- is not added by the GUI either)

    > There may have been something wrong with your AutoList in the first place
    > (i.e. any outdated entries)? The first time you restart Pegasus Mail after
    > updating all your entries should get converted automatically. If you still
    > have a previous version of the AutoList file try the following:
    >
    > 1. Shutdown Pegasus Mail;
    >
    > 2. Copy your previous AutoList.txt back to your mailbox directory (make
    > sure the first text line reads "Update 4.8.5" - without the quotes);
    >
    > 3. Change the [Version] section in the related PGPView.cfg to "NoI5"
    > (without quotes again).
    >
    > 4. Restart Pegasus Mail.
    >
    > Does it now work correctly? You may also run "Update AutoList" from the
    > Edit AutoList menu to remove any outdated entries (either with the old
    > version on the old list or with the new version on the new list).

    I found the problem.
    These two entries MUST be in the AutoList.txt file:
    ("AT" = obvious antispam substitution, # any valid numeral)
    Michael in der Wiesche\#xFC55A062C45D831B
    idw.doc AT t-online.de\#xFC55A062C45D831B
    or it will NOT retain the settings.

    With only:
    idw.doc AT t-online.de\#xFC55A062C45D831B
    that will be the only one that retains the settings.

    With only:
    Michael in der Wiesche\#xFC55A062C45D831B
    no entries will retain the settings.

    Regards,
    Guy
    - --
    "Whoever would overthrow the liberty of a nation must begin by
    subduing the freeness of speech." -- Benjamin Franklin

  6. Re: PGP plugin 4.9.6 [PGP/MIME and localization enhancements] for Pegasus Mail released

    On Sun, 07 Sep 2003 15:45:47 -0500, "Guy"
    wrote:

    > I found the problem.
    > These two entries MUST be in the AutoList.txt file:
    > ("AT" = obvious antispam substitution, # any valid numeral)
    > Michael in der Wiesche\#xFC55A062C45D831B
    > idw.doc AT t-online.de\#xFC55A062C45D831B
    > or it will NOT retain the settings.
    >
    > With only:
    > idw.doc AT t-online.de\#xFC55A062C45D831B
    > that will be the only one that retains the settings.
    >
    > With only:
    > Michael in der Wiesche\#xFC55A062C45D831B
    > no entries will retain the settings.

    This sounds _v_e_r_y_ strange, I never implemented something like this
    deliberately. Maybe just two entries of anyone would do the job as well?
    I'll definitely look into this ...

    Michael

    --
    PGP Key ID (RSA 2048): 0xC45D831B
    PGP Plugin for Pegasus Mail:

  7. Re: PGP plugin 4.9.6 [PGP/MIME and localization enhancements] for Pegasus Mail released

    I've just uploaded version 4.9.6.1 which mainly fixes an issue with
    AutoLists not keeping the option settings anymore under certain
    circumstances. Additionally PGP/MIME decoding has been enhanced to also
    verify signatures sent in an encrypted "envelope" (done so by a couple of
    Linux mailers).

    Download from

    Ich habe soeben die Version 4.9.6.1 hochgeladen, die im wesentlichen ein
    Problem mit manchen AutoLists beseitigt, bei denen die
    Optionseinstellungen sonst nicht gespeichert bleiben. Außerdem wurde die
    PGP/MIME-Dekodierung so verbessert, daß Signaturen in einem
    verschlüsselten "Umschlag" auch verifiziert werden (mache Linux-Mailer
    benutzen diese Methode).

    Download from

    Michael

    --
    PGP Key ID (RSA 2048): 0xC45D831B
    PGP Plugin for Pegasus Mail:

  8. Re: PGP plugin 4.9.6 [PGP/MIME and localization enhancements] for Pegasus Mail released

+ Reply to Thread