GnuPG or PGP with web-based email? - PGP

This is a discussion on GnuPG or PGP with web-based email? - PGP ; Is it possible to use GnuPG or PGP to send encrypted email via a web-based email service such as ureach, hotmail, yahoo, etc., when one does not have POP3 access? Could one just use a shell-level command locally to encrypt ...

  1. GnuPG or PGP with web-based email?

    Is it possible to use GnuPG or PGP to send encrypted email via a
    web-based email service such as ureach, hotmail, yahoo, etc., when one
    does not have POP3 access? Could one just use a shell-level command
    locally to encrypt the content, then send that as an attachment?

    Thanks.

    --
    To reply by email, take SENTE away from me.

  2. Re: GnuPG or PGP with web-based email?

  3. Re: GnuPG or PGP with web-based email?

    On Tue, 26 Aug 2003 20:33:22 GMT, none wrote:

    >Is it possible to use GnuPG or PGP to send encrypted email via a
    >web-based email service such as ureach, hotmail, yahoo, etc., when one
    >does not have POP3 access? Could one just use a shell-level command
    >locally to encrypt the content, then send that as an attachment?
    >
    >Thanks.

    Quite easy actually.

    ~/temp$ echo "Fi Fi Fo Fum" | gpg -c -a
    Enter passphrase: