moving large files onto PGP disk - PGP

This is a discussion on moving large files onto PGP disk - PGP ; Every time I try to move a large file or group of smaller files onto PGP disk , the process freezes requring reboot. Can anyone advise a solution before I throw the computer in the pool?...

  1. moving large files onto PGP disk

    Every time I try to move a large file or group of smaller files onto PGP
    disk , the process freezes requring reboot.

    Can anyone advise a solution before I throw the computer in the pool?

  2. Re: moving large files onto PGP disk

    On Mon, 25 Aug 2003 09:35:50 GMT, "L Abbott" wrote:

    >Every time I try to move a large file or group of smaller files onto PGP
    >disk , the process freezes requring reboot.
    >
    >Can anyone advise a solution before I throw the computer in the pool?

    It will help folks if you provide some relevant information like what OS and
    version of PGP you are using.

  3. Re: moving large files onto PGP disk

    Hello,

    "L Abbott" wrote
    > Every time I try to move a large file or group of smaller files onto PGP
    > disk , the process freezes requring reboot.
    >
    > Can anyone advise a solution before I throw the computer in the pool?

    I have exactly the same problem.

    PGPDisk 8.0 or 8.02 under Windows XP Pro with ServicePack-1 and all windows
    updates installed.

    I really suspect the problem come to me when I installed XP updates via
    Windowsupdate.

    I don't know if it's PGP's fault or Microsoft's fault but it seems I can do
    nothing to solve the problem (I've tried everything). Hope PGP launch a
    patch soon to let us continue using PGPDisk under XP.

    Regards.

  4. Re: moving large files onto PGP disk

    Same problem as Juan.....8.02 and XP......used my old laptop to test last
    night (2000/ 8.0) without problems (except it is old and SLOW).....

    "Juan E" wrote in message
    news:0ts2b.1545309$iM4.2400707@telenews.teleline.e s...
    > Hello,
    >
    > "L Abbott" wrote
    > > Every time I try to move a large file or group of smaller files onto PGP
    > > disk , the process freezes requring reboot.
    > >
    > > Can anyone advise a solution before I throw the computer in the pool?

    > I have exactly the same problem.
    >
    > PGPDisk 8.0 or 8.02 under Windows XP Pro with ServicePack-1 and all

    windows
    > updates installed.
    >
    > I really suspect the problem come to me when I installed XP updates via
    > Windowsupdate.
    >
    > I don't know if it's PGP's fault or Microsoft's fault but it seems I can

    do
    > nothing to solve the problem (I've tried everything). Hope PGP launch a
    > patch soon to let us continue using PGPDisk under XP.
    >
    > Regards.

+ Reply to Thread