Signed Messages appear Bad! - PGP

  2. Re: Signed Messages appear Bad!

    On Mon, 18 Aug 2003 06:57:58 +0500, Ayaz Ahmed Khan
    wrote:

    >Signed messages that I post to the USENET or send through email to a
    >recipient appear to have a _status=bad_ flag on them whenever I
    >_decrypt & verify_. And since I started using PGP, I haven't been
    >able to _decrypt and verify_ my signed messages with a _status=good_
    >flag on. Is this indirectly related to the free-ware version of PGP
    >I'm using? However the messages appear to have a good signature
    >status before being sent. But as soon as the messages are sent, and
    >retrieved, the signature status turns bad.

    It's probably a word-wrap setting issue with your email client or newsreader.

    See: http://www.mccune.cc/PGPpage2.htm#Bad-Invalid

  3. Re: Signed Messages appear Bad!

  4. Re: Signed Messages appear Bad!

  5. Re: Signed Messages appear Bad!

    "Ayaz Ahmed Khan" wrote in message

    > I think so too. Let's see if this message appears to have a go-
    > od signature status on it. I have manually wrapped the text in
    > this post by providing carriage returns after about 70 charact-
    > er spaces.

    [8/18/03 8:35:42 AM] PGP Signature Status: good
    --
    Marc Whitaker - http://www.leaddogs.org
    ----------

  6. Re: Signed Messages appear Bad!

  7. Re: Signed Messages appear Bad!

    Ayaz Ahmed Khan wrote in

    > Frode, your signed message appears to have a bad signature sta-
    > tus.

    Frode's signed message verifies OK for me. I think there might be a
    problem with your newsreader. Try saving the post to a file and verify
    it from there.

    -- John

  8. Re: Signed Messages appear Bad!

    "John Wunderlich" typed:

    > Your post verified GOOD for me.
    > It is probably your newsreader rewraping or otherwise altering the
    > message before verification.

  9. Re: Signed Messages appear Bad!

    "Ayaz Ahmed Khan" typed:

    > I have observed that my signature appears to be valid only when
    > I create a new thread or send a new email, but not when I reply
    > to some other message. In this message, however, I have signed
    > only the text I have manually typed, and not the quoted text.

  10. Re: Signed Messages appear Bad!

  11. Re: Signed Messages appear Bad!

    "John Wunderlich" typed:

    > Frode's signed message verifies OK for me. I think there might be a
    > problem with your newsreader. Try saving the post to a file and verify
    > it from there.

+ Reply to Thread