Mount PGPDisks in linux? - PGP

This is a discussion on Mount PGPDisks in linux? - PGP ; So I have a 2 gig PGPDisk (ver 6) I made before I made the plunge into linux, and I'd still like to use it if I can. Is there a way to mount/use a PGPDisk in linux? Failing in ...

  1. Mount PGPDisks in linux?

    So I have a 2 gig PGPDisk (ver 6) I made before I made the plunge into
    linux, and I'd still like to use it if I can. Is there a way to
    mount/use a PGPDisk in linux?

    Failing in that, does anyone have suggestions for a suitable
    replacement? I've seen some encyrpted solutions that are simply a file
    that is mounted and accessed, and others that are whole encrypted
    filesystems created on seperate partitions. I'd like to be able to work
    with files in the encrypted space, so I perfer stability and recovery
    over performance. any ideas?

    Thanks in Advance,
    Billy Ho

  2. Re: Mount PGPDisks in linux?

    <@ .> wrote in message news:bgjkag$rjs$1@news-int.gatech.edu...
    > So I have a 2 gig PGPDisk (ver 6) I made before I made the plunge into
    > linux, and I'd still like to use it if I can. Is there a way to
    > mount/use a PGPDisk in linux?

    It won't mount under anything but windows. You can't even access it from a
    dos box.

    > Failing in that, does anyone have suggestions for a suitable
    > replacement? I've seen some encyrpted solutions that are simply a file
    > that is mounted and accessed, and others that are whole encrypted
    > filesystems created on seperate partitions. I'd like to be able to work
    > with files in the encrypted space, so I perfer stability and recovery
    > over performance. any ideas?

    This site has a long list of ways to encrypt under Linux

    http://koeln.ccc.de/archiv/drt/crypto/linux-disk.html

    This seems to be the most PGPDisk-like

    http://www.jetico.com/

+ Reply to Thread