PGPdisk Mount failed because: "this file does not appear to be a valid PGPDisk" - PGP

This is a discussion on PGPdisk Mount failed because: "this file does not appear to be a valid PGPDisk" - PGP ; Hi, I have created a pgp disk with PGP 8.0 (or 8.0.2... I don't remember). Then I burned the file on a cd and I reinstalled my Windows after a format. (I used top-class cd (Plextor A+ TWP 4); I ...

  1. PGPdisk Mount failed because: "this file does not appear to be a valid PGPDisk"

    Hi,
    I have created a pgp disk with PGP 8.0 (or 8.0.2... I don't remember). Then
    I burned the file on a cd and I reinstalled my Windows after a format. (I
    used top-class cd (Plextor A+ TWP 4); I burned with my LiteON 48x24x48 at
    16x and checked with original file)
    Now when I try to access to my pgpdisk it sayes:
    PGPdisk Mount failed because: "this file does not appear to be a valid
    PGPDisk"
    I tryed to copy the file from cd to hd and to chmod by giving all
    permissions, but nothing.
    I tryed to install first PGP 8.0.2, and then PGP 8.0, but nothing....
    And now? What can I do?

    Thanks

    Susa

  2. Re: PGPdisk Mount failed because: "this file does not appear to be a valid PGPDisk"

    I want to add that all others pgpdisks I've made before (with version 6 and
    7) are all openable.
    Mistery!

    Susa

  3. Re: PGPdisk Mount failed because: "this file does not appear to be a valid PGPDisk"

    "Susa" wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > I have created a pgp disk with PGP 8.0 (or 8.0.2... I don't remember).

    Then
    > I burned the file on a cd and I reinstalled my Windows after a format. (I
    > used top-class cd (Plextor A+ TWP 4); I burned with my LiteON 48x24x48 at
    > 16x and checked with original file)
    > Now when I try to access to my pgpdisk it sayes:
    > PGPdisk Mount failed because: "this file does not appear to be a valid
    > PGPDisk"
    > I tryed to copy the file from cd to hd and to chmod by giving all
    > permissions, but nothing.
    > I tryed to install first PGP 8.0.2, and then PGP 8.0, but nothing....
    > And now? What can I do?

    Did you check that the file worked immediatly after burning it?

    Check the CD for scratches etc. Also try decrypting on another users
    computer.

    Whenever I make a backup of any file, I sign it, so that if it corrupts then
    I can tell - the signature will be bad. Worth a note for future.

+ Reply to Thread