Anyone here using Kremlin 2.21? Disapearing ISP passwords. - PGP

This is a discussion on Anyone here using Kremlin 2.21? Disapearing ISP passwords. - PGP ; I was going to give Kremlin 2.21 a good thorough try out after having it recommended. However I am guite concerned by what it may have done to my PC. I run Win98. My normal routine is to install an ...

  1. Anyone here using Kremlin 2.21? Disapearing ISP passwords.

    I was going to give Kremlin 2.21 a good thorough try out after
    having it recommended. However I am guite concerned by what it
    may have done to my PC. I run Win98.

    My normal routine is to install an application then after one
    session to uninstall it in order to see what the programme has
    left on the HD. I discovered that both my dialler and my
    newsreader no longer remembered my half dozen ISP passwords. And
    still don't, even after I tick the appropriate box. On top of
    that every time I boot up I am confronted with a box requesting
    both a username and a password. And yes I have tried clicking
    exit without filling in anything but the box continues to re-
    appear at every boot-up.

    I cannot find anything in the blurb which comes with the
    application about this peculiar activity.

    Any suggestions regarding how I can reverse the situation would
    be appreciated. Also is it possible to run this application
    without this happening again? It is quite a bore having to type
    in a password every time I want to access my ISP.

    Any good alternative around?

  2. Re: Anyone here using Kremlin 2.21? Disapearing ISP passwords.

    On Wed, 30 Jul 2003 20:00:03 +0200 (CEST), Nomen Nescio wrote:

    >I was going to give Kremlin 2.21 a good thorough try out after
    >having it recommended. However I am guite concerned by what it
    >may have done to my PC. I run Win98.

    I have used kremlin since 1999, on win 98 and now xp home. never had a problem with it.

    If you are using a crack to get around the password for it, then I do not know what to tell you.

    I have never ever had any probs with it at all.

    its a great program!

+ Reply to Thread