Enabling "Launch PGPdisk" option in PGPtray in v6.0.2i - PGP

This is a discussion on Enabling "Launch PGPdisk" option in PGPtray in v6.0.2i - PGP ; Hi, I hope this is the right place to post this question: I've just installed PGPfreeware 6.0.2i on my Windows 2000 (SP4) machine, and the "Launch PGPdisk" option in the PGPtray utility's menu is still grayed out. According to the ...

  1. Enabling "Launch PGPdisk" option in PGPtray in v6.0.2i

    Hi,

    I hope this is the right place to post this question:

    I've just installed PGPfreeware 6.0.2i on my Windows 2000 (SP4) machine, and
    the "Launch PGPdisk" option in the PGPtray utility's menu is still grayed
    out. According to the PGP website, this is a known bug.

    What I'd like to know is: has anyone out there found a way to enable this
    menu item, short of upgrading to a newer version of PGP?

    Not that I can't live without it, but it would occasionally be convenient,
    I'd imagine...

    Thanks in advance,

    -- Jeff
    -- aka The Beerslayer

    Writing a haiku
    is easy - just stop at the
    seventeenth syllab

  2. Re: Enabling "Launch PGPdisk" option in PGPtray in v6.0.2i

    The Beerslayer wrote:
    > What I'd like to know is: has anyone out there found a way to enable this
    > menu item, short of upgrading to a newer version of PGP?

    Try out PGP 6.58ckt8, its free and has PGPdisk and works even with
    WindowsXP.ftp://ftp.zedz.net/pub/crypto/pgp/pg...gp658ckt08.zip

    --
    My computer security & privacy related homepage
    http://www.markusjansson.net

  3. Re: Enabling "Launch PGPdisk" option in PGPtray in v6.0.2i

    Tom McCune wrote:
    > Of course, it also works properly in official PGP 6.5.8, as well as other
    > official versions. I believe it also works properly in PGP 6.5.1i.

    Does PGP 6.58 work with WindowsXP too? I recall it doesnt but Im not
    sure. More information about this subject?

    BTW. PGP 6.58ckt8 is updated version and it has all the bugs etc. fixed
    that still bother the "original" 6.58 version.

    --
    My computer security & privacy related homepage
    http://www.markusjansson.net
    PGP keys fingerprints:
    9966C10DDC7F0DEDEC480A75FE952445F24D55DD
    5C504F891BEAB54FF5E7250223B2B27CD6C1FDA2

  4. Re: Enabling "Launch PGPdisk" option in PGPtray in v6.0.2i

+ Reply to Thread