keys - help req - PGP

This is a discussion on keys - help req - PGP ; > Just upgraded my machine and reinstalled PGP all ok. > reinstalled my keys from my pgp amoured file - Exported PGP Key(s).asc > and none of the keys (3) have any trust associated with them. One key > is ...

  1. keys - help req

    > Just upgraded my machine and reinstalled PGP all ok.
    > reinstalled my keys from my pgp amoured file - Exported PGP Key(s).asc
    > and none of the keys (3) have any trust associated with them. One key
    > is gray the other two are gold. I cannot set any as default as the
    > command is grayed out. All keys were working fine before and I have
    > all pass phrases for all keys.
    >
    > Can any body tell me how to set one as default and give 100% trust to
    > all of them, why is one gray?
    >

    > TIA
    >
    > Steve

  2. Re: keys - help req

    Tom McCune wrote in news:nZVUa.42464$wk4.15895
    @twister.nyroc.rr.com:

    Thanks for that Tom, but implicit trust was not available and when I tried
    to up the trust PGP saw them as invalid keys?
    I even uninstalled PGP and reinstalled PGP and the keys all to no avail.

    Luckily I had a back up of my old system on a spare HHD so I transferred
    the sec & pub key rings over and every things ok now.

    Thanks

    Steve

  3. Re: keys - help req

  4. Re: keys - help req

    Thanks for that Tom, but implicit trust was not available and when I
    tried
    to up the trust PGP saw them as invalid keys?
    I even uninstalled PGP and reinstalled PGP and the keys all to no avail.

    Luckily I had a back up of my old system on a spare HHD so I transferred
    the sec & pub key rings over and every things ok now.

    Thanks

    Steve

+ Reply to Thread