GnuPGP plugin for Outlook 2007 and Forte Agent 4.2 ?? - PGP

    --
    My Public PGP Key: http://www.darkshado.ca/pgpkey.txt
    Key ID: 4C1550A1

  2. Re: GnuPGP plugin for Outlook 2007 and Forte Agent 4.2 ??

    Jamie schrieb:
    > Hi I am currently running GNUPG version 1.4.9
    > (gpg (GnuPG) 1.4.9)
    >
    > What I am looking for are plugins for two program
    > that I use quite frequently which are Forte Agent 4.2
    > and Microsoft Outlook 2007 so far I have been unable
    > to find any plugins to help with encrypt / decrypt / sign
    > messages.
    >
    > Both plugins would need to support Windows XP.
    >
    > Right now I am using a prgram called CryptoPhane 0.7.0
    > but in order for me to sign messages I have to copy
    > and past the message into CryptoPhane and then paste
    > the signed message back out again. Needless to say it
    > is kind of a pain in the butt a plugin to work in
    > both of these programs would be great and make it a
    > lot faster and easier.
    >
    > If anyone knows of any can they please post them
    > here. I would greatly appreciate it.
    >
    > Thank you for your help,
    >
    > Jamie

    I use the Plugin "GPGol" which is in http://www.gpg4win.org/.
    There is it not neccesary to make a copy and paste.
    The Plug-in places two switches for "encrypt" and for "Sign".

    It works also with the Microsoft Exchange server.

    I test it with "Microsoft Outlook 2003" and "Office2003 Service Pack 3".
    It works fine.

    Regards
    Andreas
    --
    yaze-ag 'at' Dipl.-Ing.(FH) Andreas Gerlich, University of Ulm, Germany
    z80 'dot' open source project "Yet Another Z80 Emulator by AG":

  3. Re: GnuPGP plugin for Outlook 2007 and Forte Agent 4.2 ??

  4. Re: GnuPGP plugin for Outlook 2007 and Forte Agent 4.2 ??

    Otto Sykora wrote in

    Obviously you are having some kind of problem with WinPT because your
    signature does not verify on your post.

    -- John

  5. Re: GnuPGP plugin for Outlook 2007 and Forte Agent 4.2 ??

    "John Wunderlich" wrote in message
    news:Xns9AC27DCEAFE2Fwunderpsdrscray@138.126.254.2 10...
    > Otto Sykora wrote in

    > Obviously you are having some kind of problem with WinPT because your
    > signature does not verify on your post.

    Hi John,

    It does for me.

    --
    Thor Kottelin
    http://www.anta.net/

    Antivirus, firewall, parental control: http://www.anta.net/sw/norman/

  6. Re: GnuPGP plugin for Outlook 2007 and Forte Agent 4.2 ??

    On Wed, 18 Jun 2008 17:31:13 +0200, Andreas Gerlich
    wrote:

    >Jamie schrieb:
    >> Hi I am currently running GNUPG version 1.4.9
    >> (gpg (GnuPG) 1.4.9)
    >>
    >> What I am looking for are plugins for two program
    >> that I use quite frequently which are Forte Agent 4.2
    >> and Microsoft Outlook 2007 so far I have been unable
    >> to find any plugins to help with encrypt / decrypt / sign
    >> messages.
    >>
    >> Both plugins would need to support Windows XP.
    >>
    >> Right now I am using a prgram called CryptoPhane 0.7.0
    >> but in order for me to sign messages I have to copy
    >> and past the message into CryptoPhane and then paste
    >> the signed message back out again. Needless to say it
    >> is kind of a pain in the butt a plugin to work in
    >> both of these programs would be great and make it a
    >> lot faster and easier.
    >>
    >> If anyone knows of any can they please post them
    >> here. I would greatly appreciate it.
    >>
    >> Thank you for your help,
    >>
    >> Jamie

    >I use the Plugin "GPGol" which is in http://www.gpg4win.org/.
    >There is it not neccesary to make a copy and paste.
    >The Plug-in places two switches for "encrypt" and for "Sign".
    >
    >It works also with the Microsoft Exchange server.
    >
    >I test it with "Microsoft Outlook 2003" and "Office2003 Service Pack 3".
    >It works fine.
    >
    >Regards
    >Andreas

  7. Re: GnuPGP plugin for Outlook 2007 and Forte Agent 4.2 ??

    On Thu, 19 Jun 2008 19:22:02 GMT, John Wunderlich
    wrote:

    >Obviously you are having some kind of problem with WinPT because your
    >signature does not verify on your post.
    >
    >-- John

    John is right it doesn't verify for me either.

    Jamie
    --
    My Public PGP Key: http://www.darkshado.ca/pgpkey.txt
    Key ID: 4C1550A1
    The email address in the header is a spamtrap.
    email me at darkshad [at] darkshado [dot] ca

  8. Re: GnuPGP plugin for Outlook 2007 and Forte Agent 4.2 ??

    no idea, veryfies on my side with winpt and pgp711

    Otto Sykora
    bggbflxben@tzk.pu (ROT13)

  9. Re: GnuPGP plugin for Outlook 2007 and Forte Agent 4.2 ??

    Otto Sykora
    bggbflxben@tzk.pu (ROT13)

  10. Re: GnuPGP plugin for Outlook 2007 and Forte Agent 4.2 ??

    Otto Sykora wrote:
    > Oh I can see where it does not ver.
    >
    > On forte where the lines are set shorter then in the original signing
    > for example.
    >
    > My pgp settings are in most installations set for line length of 74,
    > well 76 should be maximum, so it will work most time well.
    >
    > Text based media like forte agent, have sometimes default setting of
    > 70
    > chars per line.
    >
    > So in one of my older installation of forte agent. All there was left
    > default and thus it will line wrap to 70 chars. Such content can no be
    > verified with anything.
    >
    > Same is for example, if mails are sent via the old Compuserve
    > mail system via their old HMI protocol. The mail server will change the
    > format and thus add some line breaks, such text will never be the same.
    >
    > This is also problem with some mail servers, here in Switzerland,
    > bluewin
    > does change mail package so even 599 signed messages get bad sig when
    > arriving.

    Hello Otto:

    I also see a signature verification error. I am imagining that it's
    probably what John and Jamie are seeing. I am using GnuPG 2.0.9 and I
    agree with your line wrap theory sir. My error message reads in part:

    "Error - signature verification failed"

    "Indented message part (reply) was probably modified"

    Best wishes.

    --
    1PW

    @?6A62?FEH9E=6o2@=]4@> [r4o7t]

  11. Re: GnuPGP plugin for Outlook 2007 and Forte Agent 4.2 ??

    bggbflxben@gmx.ch (Otto Sykora) wrote in

    > Otto Sykora
    > bggbflxben@tzk.pu (ROT13)

    Confirmed!

    In your original message, if you un-wrap the last word "else" to appear
    at the end of the previous line, then the signature verifies.

    In the message that I am replying to, similarly unwrapping the lines
    with "70" and "bluewin" on them results in a successful verification.

    You probably should reduce your line wrap setting in WinPT when posting
    to newsgroups.

    Cheers,
    John

  12. Re: GnuPGP plugin for Outlook 2007 and Forte Agent 4.2 ??

    Jamie wrote:
    > On Wed, 18 Jun 2008 17:31:13 +0200, Andreas Gerlich
    > wrote:
    >
    >> Jamie schrieb:
    >>> Hi I am currently running GNUPG version 1.4.9
    >>> (gpg (GnuPG) 1.4.9)
    >>>
    >>> What I am looking for are plugins for two program
    >>> that I use quite frequently which are Forte Agent 4.2
    >>> and Microsoft Outlook 2007 so far I have been unable
    >>> to find any plugins to help with encrypt / decrypt / sign
    >>> messages.
    >>>
    >>> Both plugins would need to support Windows XP.
    >>>
    >>> Right now I am using a prgram called CryptoPhane 0.7.0
    >>> but in order for me to sign messages I have to copy
    >>> and past the message into CryptoPhane and then paste
    >>> the signed message back out again. Needless to say it
    >>> is kind of a pain in the butt a plugin to work in
    >>> both of these programs would be great and make it a
    >>> lot faster and easier.
    >>>
    >>> If anyone knows of any can they please post them
    >>> here. I would greatly appreciate it.
    >>>
    >>> Thank you for your help,
    >>>
    >>> Jamie

    >> I use the Plugin "GPGol" which is in http://www.gpg4win.org/.
    >> There is it not neccesary to make a copy and paste.
    >> The Plug-in places two switches for "encrypt" and for "Sign".
    >>
    >> It works also with the Microsoft Exchange server.
    >>
    >> I test it with "Microsoft Outlook 2003" and "Office2003 Service Pack 3".
    >> It works fine.
    >>
    >> Regards
    >> Andreas

    > Hmm I saw that one but it says it is for only for 2003
    >
    > http://www.gpg4win.org/
    > GPGol: A plugin for Microsoft Outlook 2003 (email encryption)
    >
    > According to all the information I have seen this doesn't work
    > with Outlook 2007 yet.
    >
    > http://www.g10code.com/p-gpgol.html
    >
    > "This is a plugin for Microsoft Outlook 2003 to integrate GnuPG and
    > thus OpenPGP encryption and digital signatures. It has been written
    > more or less from scratch and aims to replace the old and unmaintained
    > plugin by G-DATA. It does not work with Outlook Express.
    >
    > We are currently working on extending GpgOL to support S/MIME and
    > Outlook 2007."
    >
    > Others have reported this program crashing with Outlook 2007
    >
    > https://bugs.g10code.com/gnupg/issue830
    >

    > Any other suggestions?

    You might want to look into your current PGP install it's popping errors
    here;

    Error - signature verification failed

    gpg command line and output:
    C:\\Program Files\\GNU\\GnuPG\\gpg.exe --charset utf8 --batch --no-tty
    --status-fd 2 -d
    gpg: Signature made 06/20/08 13:11:54 using DSA key ID 4C1550A1
    gpg: BAD signature from "Jamie Baillie "

    JustSomeGuy[sm]

  13. Re: GnuPGP plugin for Outlook 2007 and Forte Agent 4.2 ??

    --
    My Public PGP Key: http://www.darkshado.ca/pgpkey.txt
    Key ID: 4C1550A1
    The email address in the header is a spamtrap.
    email me at darkshad [at] darkshado [dot] ca

  14. Re: GnuPGP plugin for Outlook 2007 and Forte Agent 4.2 ??

    --
    My Public PGP Key: http://www.darkshado.ca/pgpkey.txt
    Key ID: 4C1550A1
    The email address in the header is a spamtrap.
    email me at darkshad [at] darkshado [dot] ca

  15. Re: GnuPGP plugin for Outlook 2007 and Forte Agent 4.2 ??

    Note FU.

    Jamie wrote:
    > On Wed, 25 Jun 2008 00:41:59 -0500, "JustSomeGuy[sm]" wrote:
    >> You might want to look into your current PGP install it's popping errors
    >> here;

    >> Error - signature verification failed

    >> gpg command line and output:
    >> C:\\Program Files\\GNU\\GnuPG\\gpg.exe --charset utf8 --batch --no-tty
    >> --status-fd 2 -d
    >> gpg: Signature made 06/20/08 13:11:54 using DSA key ID 4C1550A1
    >> gpg: BAD signature from "Jamie Baillie "

    >> JustSomeGuy[sm]

    > The problem is on your side the signature verifies just fine here.
    > it is something with your PGP setup if it is not verifying.
    >
    > Because I can get the signature to verify here just fine.

    Sorry... I appears to have come over the wire garbled in the case I was
    quoting. Intermittent, but still appears to be an issue.

    JustSomeGuy[sm]

  16. Re: GnuPGP plugin for Outlook 2007 and Forte Agent 4.2 ??

    On Wed, 25 Jun 2008 13:14:41 -0400, Jamie
    wrote:

    It has to be your end Jamie. When your sig verifies as good it does so
    on all machines I check it on (PGP and GnuPG). The same applies when
    it is bad, it's bad on all machines.

    --
    User

  17. Re: GnuPGP plugin for Outlook 2007 and Forte Agent 4.2 ??

    On Thu, 26 Jun 2008 08:54:29 +0800, user@invalid.invalid wrote:

    >On Wed, 25 Jun 2008 13:14:41 -0400, Jamie
    >wrote:

    >It has to be your end Jamie. When your sig verifies as good it does so
    >on all machines I check it on (PGP and GnuPG). The same applies when
    >it is bad, it's bad on all machines.

    --
    My Public PGP Key: http://www.darkshado.ca/pgpkey.txt
    Key ID: 4C1550A1
    The email address in the header is a spamtrap.
    email me at darkshad [at] darkshado [dot] ca

  18. Re: GnuPGP plugin for Outlook 2007 and Forte Agent 4.2 ??

  19. Re: GnuPGP plugin for Outlook 2007 and Forte Agent 4.2 ??

    Yes, the whole thing is I am operating number of installtions,
    different versions of OS, forte agent, different settings there and
    here, so not all is under controll all the time.

    While I often do extensive testing with mainly used mailclients, the
    number of news readers I have around me gets forgotten sometimes.

+ Reply to Thread