Prime number 65537 as private exponent - PGP

This is a discussion on Prime number 65537 as private exponent - PGP ; Found in gnu-crypto-2.1.0 list of several prime numbers. Prime number has no factors in common with (p-1)*(q-1). If 65537 is the prime number then RSA test d=((p-1)*(q-1),e) give known value of d. How to use RSA patent?...

  1. Prime number 65537 as private exponent

    Found in gnu-crypto-2.1.0 list of several prime numbers. Prime number
    has no factors in common with (p-1)*(q-1). If 65537 is the prime
    number then RSA test
    d=((p-1)*(q-1),e)
    give known value of d.
    How to use RSA patent?

  2. Re: Prime number 65537 as private exponent

    On 3/16/2008 1:52 AM, vik@chelnydom.ru wrote:
    > Found in gnu-crypto-2.1.0 list of several prime numbers. Prime number
    > has no factors in common with (p-1)*(q-1). If 65537 is the prime
    > number then RSA test
    > d=((p-1)*(q-1),e)
    > give known value of d.
    > How to use RSA patent?

    I don't quite understand your question. However, the RSA company waived
    its rights and declared its RSA encryption algorithm to be in the public
    domain less than a year before the patent expired. As far as I know,
    the company then made no effort to extend or renew the patent.

    --
    David Ross

    Have you been using Netscape and now feel abandoned by AOL?
    Then use SeaMonkey. Go to .

+ Reply to Thread