PGP 8 and Vista - PGP

This is a discussion on PGP 8 and Vista - PGP ; Why does not PGP 8.0.2 work with Vista home premium? It installs fine, no error messages, but it does not show up anywhere as an installed program. Invisible... It only shows up in control panel as a program that can ...

  1. PGP 8 and Vista

    Why does not PGP 8.0.2 work with Vista home premium?

    It installs fine, no error messages, but it does not show up anywhere as an
    installed program. Invisible...

    It only shows up in control panel as a program that can be uninstalled.

  2. Re: PGP 8 and Vista

  3. Re: PGP 8 and Vista

    On 1/1/2008 3:20 PM, Tom McCune wrote:

    > "T.S. Grautsch von Buster" wrote in
    >
    >> Why does not PGP 8.0.2 work with Vista home premium?
    >>
    >> It installs fine, no error messages, but it does not show up anywhere as
    >> an installed program. Invisible...
    >>
    >> It only shows up in control panel as a program that can be uninstalled.

    > PGP 9.6 is the first version to support Vista.

    This is another reason not to convert to Vista. I have too many
    applications that work okay on Windows XP that won't work on Vista.
    Many of them are old and are no longer being maintained (thus, no Vista
    versions), yet they still perform the functions I want.

    My favorite, independent computer store told me that they are getting
    far more requests to remove Vista and install Windows XP than they are
    getting to install Vista. Someone else told me that Vista is the new
    Windows ME.

    --
    David Ross

    Have you been using Netscape and now feel abandoned by AOL?
    Then use SeaMonkey. Go to .

  4. Re: PGP 8 and Vista

    "Tom McCune" wrote in message

  6. Re: PGP 8 and Vista