Which PGP NG these days? - PGP

This is a discussion on Which PGP NG these days? - PGP ; Hi! to you all! , I used to watch this group and pick a few hints here and there, it was quite popular and well attended! Now it seems to be almost dead, or I have a bad news feed. ...

  1. Which PGP NG these days?

    Hi! to you all! , I used to watch this group and pick a few hints here
    and there, it was quite popular and well attended! Now it seems to be
    almost dead, or I have a bad news feed. Are there more popular
    security related groups most folks use these days?

    My query is, does PGP produce a stand alone PGPdisk type program, I am
    not in need of all the bells and whistles in the full programme, just
    a realiable method of encrypting a folder on the HD. The version I use
    must be at least 5yrs old so an update would obviously be in order. I
    don't need FBI type protection, just to keep personal details away
    from prying eyes.

    Obviously i'm no computer wizz, so if it's a ridiculous question be a
    little forgiving to an oldie.

    Many thanks.

    Lew.

  2. Re: Which PGP NG these days?

    Fakerlewy@optus.com.au wrote:
    > Hi! to you all! , I used to watch this group and pick a few hints here
    > and there, it was quite popular and well attended! Now it seems to be
    > almost dead, or I have a bad news feed. Are there more popular
    > security related groups most folks use these days?

    maybe alt.security.pgp is the thing for you.

    > My query is, does PGP produce a stand alone PGPdisk type program, I am
    > not in need of all the bells and whistles in the full programme, just
    > a realiable method of encrypting a folder on the HD. The version I use
    > must be at least 5yrs old so an update would obviously be in order. I
    > don't need FBI type protection, just to keep personal details away
    > from prying eyes.

    You can try http://www.truecrypt.org/

    HTH, Jan

    --
    Nobody's innocent, citizen: we're determining the level of your guilt.

+ Reply to Thread