64 bit vista + palm - Palmtop

This is a discussion on 64 bit vista + palm - Palmtop ; will the palm desktop install and can i sync my palm tx with with windows vista 64 bit or will i need special software? tia steve...

  1. 64 bit vista + palm

    will the palm desktop install and can i sync my palm tx with with
    windows vista 64 bit or will i need special software?

    tia

    steve

  2. Re: 64 bit vista + palm

    In message <8p0dh455u3bnm5c8sev0co882ogg1pvbnf@4ax.com> pshaw@emmet.com
    was claimed to have wrote:

    >will the palm desktop install and can i sync my palm tx with with
    >windows vista 64 bit or will i need special software?

    In short, it won't work. Palm doesn't provide x64 drivers and seems
    content with sticking in the past as long as possible.

  3. Re: 64 bit vista + palm

    DevilsPGD wrote:

    >In message <8p0dh455u3bnm5c8sev0co882ogg1pvbnf@4ax.com> pshaw@emmet.com
    >was claimed to have wrote:
    >
    >>will the palm desktop install and can i sync my palm tx with with
    >>windows vista 64 bit or will i need special software?

    >In short, it won't work. Palm doesn't provide x64 drivers and seems
    >content with sticking in the past as long as possible.

    I doubt that you will see any more Palm software updates. In fact I
    doubt you will see any more new Palm stand alone PDAs. The market has
    spoken...

  4. Re: 64 bit vista + palm

    In message <25mgh4lal2uksm0ka463ea3v51helkk0vj@4ax.com> AJL
    was claimed to have wrote:

    >DevilsPGD wrote:
    >
    >>In message <8p0dh455u3bnm5c8sev0co882ogg1pvbnf@4ax.com> pshaw@emmet.com
    >>was claimed to have wrote:
    >>
    >>>will the palm desktop install and can i sync my palm tx with with
    >>>windows vista 64 bit or will i need special software?

    >>In short, it won't work. Palm doesn't provide x64 drivers and seems
    >>content with sticking in the past as long as possible.

    >I doubt that you will see any more Palm software updates. In fact I
    >doubt you will see any more new Palm stand alone PDAs. The market has
    >spoken...

    Not even Palm's latest and greatest devices (PDA or Smartphone) support
    x64.

    It's not even so much that the market as spoken to Palm, but rather,
    Palm has spoken to the market.

  5. Re: 64 bit vista + palm

    DevilsPGD wrote:

    >Not even Palm's latest and greatest devices (PDA or Smartphone) support
    >x64.
    >
    >It's not even so much that the market as spoken to Palm, but rather,
    >Palm has spoken to the market.

    Yes, probably both. My guess is that Palm is now on borrowed time...

+ Reply to Thread