RE: Zire 22 "hotsync" issue (cord?) - Palmtop

This is a discussion on RE: Zire 22 "hotsync" issue (cord?) - Palmtop ; Hi: I just bought a used Zire22 from craigslist. The person who sold it to me said it didn't come with anything but the cord which is used to charge the battery. So how can I "hotsync" it? I downloaded ...

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: RE: Zire 22 "hotsync" issue (cord?)

  1. RE: Zire 22 "hotsync" issue (cord?)

    Hi: I just bought a used Zire22 from craigslist. The person who sold
    it to me said it didn't come with anything but the cord which is used
    to charge the battery. So how can I "hotsync" it?

    I downloaded the Zire software, but only "Zire" - apparently Zire22 is
    no longer made?

    It does look like there is just one place to put a cord, and that cord
    is the charger cord...???

    TIA

  2. Re: Zire 22 "hotsync" issue (cord?)

    BestStudentViolins.com wrote:
    > Hi: I just bought a used Zire22 from craigslist. The person who sold
    > it to me said it didn't come with anything but the cord which is used
    > to charge the battery. So how can I "hotsync" it?
    >
    > I downloaded the Zire software, but only "Zire" - apparently Zire22 is
    > no longer made?
    >
    > It does look like there is just one place to put a cord, and that cord
    > is the charger cord...???
    >
    > TIA

    You can get the most recent desktop soft ware for your palm at the
    http://www.palm.com/us/ I use the desktop of the Palm Z-22 to sync my
    Palm IIIxe.

    As for the sync cable you probably can buy it at the same site listed
    above. If not get an USB IR device for your computer (about $20) and do
    all of your snycing through the beam feature of the Zire. With my Palm
    IIIxe the IR device was the only way I could snyc with the computer
    since none of my computers have serial ports.


  3. Re: Zire 22 "hotsync" issue (cord?)

    BestStudentViolins.com schrieb:
    > Hi: I just bought a used Zire22 from craigslist. The person who sold
    > it to me said it didn't come with anything but the cord which is used
    > to charge the battery. So how can I "hotsync" it?
    >
    > I downloaded the Zire software, but only "Zire" - apparently Zire22 is
    > no longer made?


    In fact there is no "Zire 22", the newest model in the Zire line is only called
    "Z22". (ask Palm why, I don't know)
    So I assume that your Zire 22 is the Z22 and therefore a quite recent model and
    still on sale.

    > It does look like there is just one place to put a cord, and that cord
    > is the charger cord...???


    There should be an USB cord to connect to the PC and hotsync.
    But the Z22 has a standard mini-USB port, so this cable should be easy to get.
    As mentioned by Keith, hotsync via IR is possible too.

    HTH, Jan

    --
    Nobody's innocent, citizen: we're determining the level of your guilt.

  4. Re: Zire 22 "hotsync" issue (cord?)

    On Nov 2, 6:48*am, Jan Steffen wrote:
    > BestStudentViolins.com schrieb:
    >
    > > Hi: *I just bought a used Zire22 from craigslist. *The person who sold
    > > it to me said it didn't come with anything but the cord which is used
    > > to charge the battery. *So how can I "hotsync" it?

    >
    > > I downloaded the Zire software, but only "Zire" - apparently Zire22 is
    > > no longer made?

    >
    > In fact there is no "Zire 22", the newest model in the Zire line is only called
    > "Z22". (ask Palm why, I don't know)
    > So I assume that your Zire 22 is the Z22 and therefore a quite recent model and
    > still on sale.
    >
    > > It does look like there is just one place to put a cord, and that cord
    > > is the charger cord...???

    >
    > There should be an USB cord to connect to the PC and hotsync.
    > But the Z22 has a standard mini-USB port, so this cable should be easy toget.
    > As mentioned by Keith, hotsync via IR is possible too.
    >
    > HTH, Jan
    >
    > --
    > Nobody's innocent, citizen: we're determining the level of your guilt.



    Yes, it is a Z22, thank you. So this is fairly new:

    The cord that she gave me (she said it was the only one that came with
    it), has the part which connects to the PDA at one end, and an
    electric outlet cord on the other end, not a USB connection.

    If I need to buy that, where would I buy it?

    thanks


  5. Re: Zire 22 "hotsync" issue (cord?)

    On Nov 2, 6:19*am, Keith nuttle wrote:
    > BestStudentViolins.com wrote:
    > > Hi: *I just bought a used Zire22 from craigslist. *The person who sold
    > > it to me said it didn't come with anything but the cord which is used
    > > to charge the battery. *So how can I "hotsync" it?

    >
    > > I downloaded the Zire software, but only "Zire" - apparently Zire22 is
    > > no longer made?

    >
    > > It does look like there is just one place to put a cord, and that cord
    > > is the charger cord...???

    >
    > > TIA

    >
    > You can get the most recent desktop soft ware for your palm at thehttp://www.palm.com/us/* I use the desktop of the Palm Z-22 to sync my
    > Palm IIIxe.
    >
    > As for the sync cable you probably can buy it at the same site listed
    > above. *If not get an USB IR device for your computer (about $20) and do
    > all of your snycing through the beam feature of the Zire. *With my Palm
    > IIIxe the IR device was the only way I could snyc with the computer
    > since none of my computers have serial ports.



    Yes, I was at http://www.palm.com/us/support/downloads/ looking for
    the cord, and the software downloads. I couldn't find anything
    specific to Z21. On the right hand side under handhelds, the pull
    down menus don't reveal any specific to Z21 that I could find.



  6. Re: Zire 22 "hotsync" issue (cord?)

    On Nov 2, 8:42*am, "BestStudentViolins.com"
    wrote:
    > On Nov 2, 6:19*am, Keith nuttle wrote:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > > BestStudentViolins.com wrote:
    > > > Hi: *I just bought a used Zire22 from craigslist. *The person whosold
    > > > it to me said it didn't come with anything but the cord which is used
    > > > to charge the battery. *So how can I "hotsync" it?

    >
    > > > I downloaded the Zire software, but only "Zire" - apparently Zire22 is
    > > > no longer made?

    >
    > > > It does look like there is just one place to put a cord, and that cord
    > > > is the charger cord...???

    >
    > > > TIA

    >
    > > You can get the most recent desktop soft ware for your palm at thehttp://www.palm.com/us/*I use the desktop of the Palm Z-22 to sync my
    > > Palm IIIxe.

    >
    > > As for the sync cable you probably can buy it at the same site listed
    > > above. *If not get an USB IR device for your computer (about $20) anddo
    > > all of your snycing through the beam feature of the Zire. *With my Palm
    > > IIIxe the IR device was the only way I could snyc with the computer
    > > since none of my computers have serial ports.

    >
    > Yes, I was athttp://www.palm.com/us/support/downloads/*looking for
    > the cord, and the software downloads. *I couldn't find anything
    > specific to Z21. *On the right hand side under handhelds, the pull
    > down menus don't reveal any specific to Z21 that I could find.- Hide quoted text -
    >
    > - Show quoted text -


    Er, Z22, sorry...


  7. Re: Zire 22 "hotsync" issue (cord?)

    "BestStudentViolins.com" wrote:

    >It does look like there is just one place to put a cord, and that cord
    >is the charger cord...???


    Any standard USB cable with a standard mini-B plug (small plug that
    looks like your charger plug) on the other end can be used to hot sync
    the Z22. They are sold most everywhere. Other cables may work also. I
    use my external disk drive cable to sync mine. BTW you can also charge
    the Z22 through the sync cable from a computer but it takes a lot
    longer than using the charger.

  8. Re: Zire 22 "hotsync" issue (cord?)

    http://www.palm.com/us/support/palmd...entViolins.com wrote:
    > On Nov 2, 6:19 am, Keith nuttle wrote:
    >> BestStudentViolins.com wrote:
    >>> Hi: I just bought a used Zire22 from craigslist. The person who sold
    >>> it to me said it didn't come with anything but the cord which is used
    >>> to charge the battery. So how can I "hotsync" it?
    >>> I downloaded the Zire software, but only "Zire" - apparently Zire22 is
    >>> no longer made?
    >>> It does look like there is just one place to put a cord, and that cord
    >>> is the charger cord...???
    >>> TIA

    >> You can get the most recent desktop soft ware for your palm at thehttp://www.palm.com/us/ I use the desktop of the Palm Z-22 to sync my
    >> Palm IIIxe.
    >>
    >> As for the sync cable you probably can buy it at the same site listed
    >> above. If not get an USB IR device for your computer (about $20) and do
    >> all of your snycing through the beam feature of the Zire. With my Palm
    >> IIIxe the IR device was the only way I could snyc with the computer
    >> since none of my computers have serial ports.

    >
    >
    > Yes, I was at http://www.palm.com/us/support/downloads/ looking for
    > the cord, and the software downloads. I couldn't find anything
    > specific to Z21. On the right hand side under handhelds, the pull
    > down menus don't reveal any specific to Z21 that I could find.
    >
    >


    http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...ndesk414e.html

    http://store.palm.com/family/index.j...Cables&shCMS=1

  9. Re: Zire 22 "hotsync" issue (cord?)

    Thank you, everyone; I found the cord I needed and it hotsyncs
    beautifully.


+ Reply to Thread