Is Palm PDA dead? - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Is Palm PDA dead? - Palmtop ; Harald Hanche-Olsen wrote: >+ AJL : > >> Verne Arase wrote: >> >>>... and if you are tired to swiping to turn pages, there is a >>>configuration option which allows you to simply tap to change pages. >> >> Not ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 22 of 22

  1. Re: Is Palm PDA dead?

    Harald Hanche-Olsen wrote:

    >+ AJL :
    >
    >> Verne Arase wrote:
    >>
    >>>... and if you are tired to swiping to turn pages, there is a
    >>>configuration option which allows you to simply tap to change pages.

    >> Not sure what you mean here. In virtually every Palm reader since the
    >> beginning you could tap to change the pages.

    >Methinks he was talking about the iphone (or ipod touch).

    I'm sure he was, but in his original post he said he had both the
    iphone and the TX, and in this sentence he acts like you had to swipe
    the TX to turn a page. In fact none of my TX readers have the swipe
    function, only the tap, button, or D ring.

    His original comment:
    >I use eReader on the iPhone for reading and it's better than my TX.

  2. Re: Is Palm PDA dead?

    Mike Koenecke wrote:

    >Heh. My Sony Clie TH-55 beats both of 'em: the scroll wheel on the
    >back is unmatchable for e-book reading. It's in the perfect position
    >to scroll through pages with your index finger while holding the PDA.

    Yes, I think Sony made some of the best Palms. That scroll wheel was a
    great idea. I always preferred the color models for ebook reading but
    the early color models suffered from poor battery life. My TX and TE2
    get about 6 hours of reading time on a charge. However I still suffer
    my black and white Palm m125 (AAA batteries) when camping. I can get
    35 hours out of a set.

    >I used to use DeepReader, then found PalmFiction:

    Yes Palm fiction is my favorite reader too.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2