RSS Reader - Palmtop

This is a discussion on RSS Reader - Palmtop ; Hi All, Anyone out there have a recommendation for an RSS Reader for the Palm TX? I have tried SplashReader and I can not get it to sink with any custom RSS feeds. Sincerely, C.Joseph Drayton, Ph.D. AS&T CSD Computer ...

  1. RSS Reader

    Hi All,

    Anyone out there have a recommendation for an RSS Reader for
    the Palm TX?

    I have tried SplashReader and I can not get it to sink with
    any custom RSS feeds.

    Sincerely,
    C.Joseph Drayton, Ph.D. AS&T

    CSD Computer Services

    Web site: http://csdcs.site90.net/
    E-mail: cjoseph@csdcs.site90.net

  2. Re: RSS Reader

    In article <49063f12$0$90267$14726298@news.sunsite.dk>,
    cjoseph@csdcs.itgo.com says...
    > Hi All,
    >
    > Anyone out there have a recommendation for an RSS Reader for
    > the Palm TX?
    >
    > I have tried SplashReader and I can not get it to sink with
    > any custom RSS feeds.
    >
    > Sincerely,
    > C.Joseph Drayton, Ph.D. AS&T
    >
    > CSD Computer Services
    >
    > Web site: http://csdcs.site90.net/
    > E-mail: cjoseph@csdcs.site90.net

    I like MobiReader, very simple and free.

    Some like Plucker, but needs some work from you to set it up.

    For 'one-time' cliping of websites for future reference I use iSilo and
    iSiloX

  3. Re: RSS Reader

    Jim Anderson wrote:
    > In article <49063f12$0$90267$14726298@news.sunsite.dk>,
    > cjoseph@csdcs.itgo.com says...
    >> Hi All,
    >>
    >> Anyone out there have a recommendation for an RSS Reader for
    >> the Palm TX?
    >>
    >> I have tried SplashReader and I can not get it to sink with
    >> any custom RSS feeds.
    >>
    >> Sincerely,
    >> C.Joseph Drayton, Ph.D. AS&T
    >>
    >> CSD Computer Services
    >>
    >> Web site: http://csdcs.site90.net/
    >> E-mail: cjoseph@csdcs.site90.net
    >>

    > I like MobiReader, very simple and free.
    >
    > Some like Plucker, but needs some work from you to set it up.
    >
    > For 'one-time' cliping of websites for future reference I use iSilo and
    > iSiloX

    Hi Jim,

    I downloaded the program, and haven't a clue as to get it to
    download RSS feeds.

    Maybe I should clarify what I am looking for. I want a RSS
    feed reader that will downloads feeds directly through the
    wi-fi of my Palm TX. I do not even have Palm Desktop
    installed and never do a hotsync. If I need to move
    something from my PC to my Palm, I do it via SD card.

    Sincerely,
    C.Joseph Drayton, Ph.D. AS&T

    CSD Computer Services

    Web site: http://csdcs.site90.net/
    E-mail: cjoseph@csdcs.site90.net

  4. Re: RSS Reader

    On 2008-10-28, C.Joseph Drayton wrote:
    > Jim Anderson wrote:
    >> In article <49063f12$0$90267$14726298@news.sunsite.dk>,
    >> cjoseph@csdcs.itgo.com says...
    >>> Hi All,
    >>>
    >>> Anyone out there have a recommendation for an RSS Reader for
    >>> the Palm TX?
    >>>
    >>> I have tried SplashReader and I can not get it to sink with
    >>> any custom RSS feeds.
    >>>
    >>> Sincerely,
    >>> C.Joseph Drayton, Ph.D. AS&T
    >>>
    >>> CSD Computer Services
    >>>
    >>> Web site: http://csdcs.site90.net/
    >>> E-mail: cjoseph@csdcs.site90.net
    >>>

    >> I like MobiReader, very simple and free.
    >>
    >> Some like Plucker, but needs some work from you to set it up.
    >>
    >> For 'one-time' cliping of websites for future reference I use iSilo and
    >> iSiloX

    > Hi Jim,
    >
    > I downloaded the program, and haven't a clue as to get it to
    > download RSS feeds.
    >
    > Maybe I should clarify what I am looking for. I want a RSS
    > feed reader that will downloads feeds directly through the
    > wi-fi of my Palm TX. I do not even have Palm Desktop
    > installed and never do a hotsync. If I need to move
    > something from my PC to my Palm, I do it via SD card.

    Opera Mini will do this.

    --
    -Toby

  5. Re: RSS Reader

    In article <490777ff$0$90271$14726298@news.sunsite.dk>,

  6. Re: RSS Reader

    On Wed, 29 Oct 2008 10:05:55 -0500, Jim Anderson
    wrote:

    >In article <490777ff$0$90271$14726298@news.sunsite.dk>,

    You could also check out AdvantGo. It has alot of channels built in,
    and supports custom ones as well. They have a size limit for the free
    account, but it is fairly large, and if you want to upgrade it is only
    like $20 a year.

  7. Re: RSS Reader

    Zombie Elvis wrote:
    > On Mon, 27 Oct 2008 16:22:10 -0600, "C.Joseph Drayton"
    > wrote:
    >
    >> Hi All,
    >>
    >> Anyone out there have a recommendation for an RSS Reader for
    >> the Palm TX?
    >>
    >> I have tried SplashReader and I can not get it to sink with
    >> any custom RSS feeds.
    >>

    > If you are going to be using the TX's wifi connection, the list begins
    > and ends with Google Reader. Nothing else is as fast and convenient.
    > If you are looking for an offline reader that you occasionally synch,
    > you might want to go back to the future with Avantgo. It doesn't
    > always run well but it is very nicely done when it does run properly.

    Hello Zombie Elvis,

    I am looking for a dedicated RSS feed reader not from within
    a browser.

    Sincerely,
    C.Joseph Drayton, Ph.D. AS&T

    CSD Computer Services

    Web site: http://csdcs.site90.net/
    E-mail: cjoseph@csdcs.site90.net

  8. Re: RSS Reader

    On Thu, 30 Oct 2008 02:14:12 +0000, D wrote:

    > On Wed, 29 Oct 2008 10:05:55 -0500, Jim Anderson
    > wrote:
    >
    >>In article <490777ff$0$90271$14726298@news.sunsite.dk>,
    >>

    > You could also check out AdvantGo. It has alot of channels built in,
    > and supports custom ones as well. They have a size limit for the free
    > account, but it is fairly large, and if you want to upgrade it is only
    > like $20 a year.

    Has anyone actually seen an update the the AvantGo stuff since, what,
    2003? I was having ongoing headaches with my Palm until I listened to
    some advice, and removed it -- voila! Mysterious problems all
    disappeared... Look for plucker, or virtually anything else ... the
    AvantGo stuff is so ancient it doesn't even really work anymore.

  9. Re: RSS Reader

    C.Joseph Drayton wrote:
    >Hello Zombie Elvis,
    >
    >I am looking for a dedicated RSS feed reader not from within
    >a browser.
    >
    >Sincerely,

    Try yanoff.
    --
    Gil W0MN Yanoff +, the PDA reader
    Creed en las obras y no en las palabras

  10. Re: RSS Reader

    C.Joseph Drayton wrote:

    >I am looking for a dedicated RSS feed reader not from within
    >a browser.

    Resco Neeeews is very good and allows for custom rss feeds.

    bob

+ Reply to Thread