Palm Syncs with Outlook instead of Palm Desktop - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Palm Syncs with Outlook instead of Palm Desktop - Palmtop ; I am a long time Palm desktop user, and recently had to reinstall the software. Now, when I do a hotsync, my handheld unit syncs with Outlook instead of with Palm desktop! I cannot find an option in the hotsync ...

  1. Palm Syncs with Outlook instead of Palm Desktop

    I am a long time Palm desktop user, and recently had to reinstall the
    software. Now, when I do a hotsync, my handheld unit syncs with
    Outlook instead of with Palm desktop! I cannot find an option in the
    hotsync settings to sync to Palm desktop. How do I get back to
    syncing with Palm desktop?

    I am running Vista, Palm OS 5.4.7 on a Tungsten E2, Palm Desktop by
    ACCESS 6.2.2.

  2. Re: Palm Syncs with Outlook instead of Palm Desktop

    On Wed, 8 Oct 2008 05:42:02 -0700 (PDT), Jack
    wrote:

    >I am a long time Palm desktop user, and recently had to reinstall the
    >software. Now, when I do a hotsync, my handheld unit syncs with
    >Outlook instead of with Palm desktop! I cannot find an option in the
    >hotsync settings to sync to Palm desktop. How do I get back to
    >syncing with Palm desktop?
    >
    >I am running Vista, Palm OS 5.4.7 on a Tungsten E2, Palm Desktop by
    >ACCESS 6.2.2.

    If I'm not mistaken, the option to install Outlook or the Palm Desktop
    is set during the installation of the Palm Desktop. Reinstall the Palm
    Desktop again.
    --
    Cause, really, nothing says "I'm a counter culture
    rebel, fighting the establishment" like an Aibo on

    Roberto Castillo
    robertocastillo@ameritech.net
    http://mind-grapes.blogspot.com/
    http://zombie-gulch.myminicity.com/

  3. Re: Palm Syncs with Outlook instead of Palm Desktop

    Zombie Elvis wrote:
    > On Wed, 8 Oct 2008 05:42:02 -0700 (PDT), Jack
    > wrote:
    >
    >> I am a long time Palm desktop user, and recently had to reinstall the
    >> software. Now, when I do a hotsync, my handheld unit syncs with
    >> Outlook instead of with Palm desktop! I cannot find an option in the
    >> hotsync settings to sync to Palm desktop. How do I get back to
    >> syncing with Palm desktop?
    >>
    >> I am running Vista, Palm OS 5.4.7 on a Tungsten E2, Palm Desktop by
    >> ACCESS 6.2.2.

    > If I'm not mistaken, the option to install Outlook or the Palm Desktop
    > is set during the installation of the Palm Desktop. Reinstall the Palm
    > Desktop again.
    > --
    > Cause, really, nothing says "I'm a counter culture
    > rebel, fighting the establishment" like an Aibo on
    > a skateboard.
    > - Seen on Slashdot
    >
    > Roberto Castillo
    > robertocastillo@ameritech.net
    > http://mind-grapes.blogspot.com/
    > http://zombie-gulch.myminicity.com/

    Try going into the vista equivalent of START ---> ALL PROGRAMS --->
    PALM. There is a directory called PIM CONDUIT SYNC. select the conduit
    you wish to use.

  4. Re: Palm Syncs with Outlook instead of Palm Desktop

    Uninstall pocket mirror.

    Jack wrote:
    > I am a long time Palm desktop user, and recently had to reinstall the
    > software. Now, when I do a hotsync, my handheld unit syncs with
    > Outlook instead of with Palm desktop! I cannot find an option in the
    > hotsync settings to sync to Palm desktop. How do I get back to
    > syncing with Palm desktop?
    >
    > I am running Vista, Palm OS 5.4.7 on a Tungsten E2, Palm Desktop by
    > ACCESS 6.2.2.

+ Reply to Thread