Palm syncs partially - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Palm syncs partially - Palmtop ; I have a new computer running Vista and I tried installing my palm software, ver 4.1.4. It seems to run and I was able to sync the zire 72, but only some of the types of data show up in ...

  1. Palm syncs partially

    I have a new computer running Vista and I tried installing my palm
    software, ver 4.1.4. It seems to run and I was able to sync the zire
    72, but only some of the types of data show up in the desktop. The
    Memos and photos seem ok. But Calendar and Contacts do not.

    I found the data directories and there seem to be data in them. C:
    \Program Files\palmOne\rickma\datebook contains datebook.dat and C:
    \Program Files\palmOne\rickma\address contains address.dat, neither of
    which are the small default file. I can't find a way to read these
    files in Palm Desktop.

    Any ideas (other than deleting Vista)?

  2. Re: Palm syncs partially

    nemo wrote:

    >I have a new computer running Vista and I tried installing my palm
    >software, ver 4.1.4. It seems to run and I was able to sync the zire
    >72, but only some of the types of data show up in the desktop. The
    >Memos and photos seem ok. But Calendar and Contacts do not.

    >Any ideas (other than deleting Vista)?

    I'm not familiar with the ver#, but you may need to go to the Palm
    support site and download the desktop/hotsync updated for Vista.

+ Reply to Thread