Wireless cards for Tungsten T3? - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Wireless cards for Tungsten T3? - Palmtop ; Are there other SD than the Palm P10952U Wi-Fi Card to get me and my brothers Tungsten T3's on wireless internet connection? And is it worth it? (any good browsers and how's the speed?) And who would be selling it? ...

  1. Wireless cards for Tungsten T3?

    Are there other SD than the Palm P10952U Wi-Fi Card to get me and my
    brothers Tungsten T3's on wireless internet connection?

    And is it worth it? (any good browsers and how's the speed?)

    And who would be selling it? (GB/ Europe)

    Esben

  2. Re: Wireless cards for Tungsten T3?

    Esben schrieb:
    > Are there other SD than the Palm P10952U Wi-Fi Card to get me and my
    > brothers Tungsten T3's on wireless internet connection?
    >
    > And is it worth it? (any good browsers and how's the speed?)
    >
    > And who would be selling it? (GB/ Europe)
    >
    > Esben

    Hi,

    if I remember correctly SanDisk offerd a Wi-Fi card with less power
    consumption and addt'l flash memory on it.

    BR,
    Dik
    --

  3. Re: Wireless cards for Tungsten T3?

    On Wed, 24 Sep 2008 18:35:58 +0200, Dik wrote:

    >Esben schrieb:
    >> Are there other SD than the Palm P10952U Wi-Fi Card to get me and my
    >> brothers Tungsten T3's on wireless internet connection?
    >>
    >> And is it worth it? (any good browsers and how's the speed?)
    >>
    >> And who would be selling it? (GB/ Europe)
    >>
    >> Esben

    >Hi,
    >
    >if I remember correctly SanDisk offerd a Wi-Fi card with less power
    >consumption and addt'l flash memory on it.
    >
    >BR,
    >Dik

    Don't know about their cards for the Palm, but their Compact Flash
    WiFi card (with memory) is one of the most sensitive I've used.

    John

  4. Re: Wireless cards for Tungsten T3?

    Dik wrote:

    > Esben schrieb:
    > > Are there other SD than the Palm P10952U Wi-Fi Card to get me and my
    > > brothers Tungsten T3's on wireless internet connection?
    > >
    > > And is it worth it? (any good browsers and how's the speed?)
    > >
    > > And who would be selling it? (GB/ Europe)
    > >
    > > Esben

    > Hi,
    >
    > if I remember correctly SanDisk offerd a Wi-Fi card with less power
    > consumption and addt'l flash memory on it.
    >
    > BR,
    > Dik
    > --

    Thanks - It looks like Palm Zire 71 is the only supported model and the
    item is very expensive from the vendors I could find. SanDisk doesn't
    mention the card anymore.

    Esben

  5. Re: Wireless cards for Tungsten T3?

    "Esben" wrote in message
    news:1invfz7.xhjx9qscsv49N%esha@nospamget2net.dk.. .
    > Dik wrote:
    >
    >> Esben schrieb:
    >> > Are there other SD than the Palm P10952U Wi-Fi Card to get me and my
    >> > brothers Tungsten T3's on wireless internet connection?
    >> >
    >> > And is it worth it? (any good browsers and how's the speed?)
    >> >
    >> > And who would be selling it? (GB/ Europe)
    >> >
    >> > Esben

    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> if I remember correctly SanDisk offerd a Wi-Fi card with less power
    >> consumption and addt'l flash memory on it.
    >>
    >> BR,
    >> Dik
    >> --

    > Thanks - It looks like Palm Zire 71 is the only supported model and the
    > item is very expensive from the vendors I could find. SanDisk doesn't
    > mention the card anymore.

    because shortly after they came out with the card, the model for which it
    was made for was canceled and did not work in the new one.

    > Esben

  6. Re: Wireless cards for Tungsten T3?

    GeekBoy wrote:

    > "Esben" wrote in message
    > news:1invfz7.xhjx9qscsv49N%esha@nospamget2net.dk.. .
    > > Dik wrote:

    > >> Hi,
    > >>
    > >> if I remember correctly SanDisk offerd a Wi-Fi card with less power
    > >> consumption and addt'l flash memory on it.
    > >>
    > >> BR,
    > >> Dik
    > >> --

    > > Thanks - It looks like Palm Zire 71 is the only supported model and the
    > > item is very expensive from the vendors I could find. SanDisk doesn't
    > > mention the card anymore.

    > because shortly after they came out with the card, the model for which it
    > was made for was canceled and did not work in the new one.

    Allright. Makes sense.

    esben :-)

  7. Re: Wireless cards for Tungsten T3?

    "Esben" wrote in message
    news:1inzeaj.29idi6uebguyN%esha@nospamget2net.dk.. .
    > GeekBoy wrote:
    >
    >> "Esben" wrote in message
    >> news:1invfz7.xhjx9qscsv49N%esha@nospamget2net.dk.. .

    >> > Thanks - It looks like Palm Zire 71 is the only supported model and the
    >> > item is very expensive from the vendors I could find. SanDisk doesn't
    >> > mention the card anymore.

    >> because shortly after they came out with the card, the model for which it
    >> was made for was canceled and did not work in the new one.

    > Allright. Makes sense.
    >
    > esben :-)

    So yes, we can all see why Palm has gone down hill.
    Sold off their OS, made incompatable hardware, ....list goes on....

    I am going to Windows Mobile PDAs. I decided that after recently buying a
    Palm T|X and seeing how outdated this thing was. I returned it.

  8. Re: Wireless cards for Tungsten T3?

    GeekBoy wrote:

    > "Esben" wrote in message
    > news:1inzeaj.29idi6uebguyN%esha@nospamget2net.dk.. .
    > > GeekBoy wrote:
    > >
    > >> "Esben" wrote in message
    > >> news:1invfz7.xhjx9qscsv49N%esha@nospamget2net.dk.. .

    > >> because shortly after they came out with the card, the model for which it
    > >> was made for was canceled and did not work in the new one.

    > > Allright. Makes sense.
    > >
    > > esben :-)

    > So yes, we can all see why Palm has gone down hill.
    > Sold off their OS, made incompatable hardware, ....list goes on....
    >
    > I am going to Windows Mobile PDAs. I decided that after recently buying a
    > Palm T|X and seeing how outdated this thing was. I returned it.

    Yeah, leaves me hoping that iPhone will become a fullscale versatile PIM
    before my T3's become totally obsolete, as a Mac user I don't see any
    potential in Windows mobile PDAs.

    Esben :-)

+ Reply to Thread