[Q] PODS not working? - Palmtop

This is a discussion on [Q] PODS not working? - Palmtop ; Hello all, I recently downloaded PODS, Garnet OS Development Suite, ver 1.2.1.02. Installed on my Vista home premium, which already have Cygwin -- thus skipping installation of Cygwin when I ran PODS installation. After several hours of googling and fiddling ...

  1. [Q] PODS not working?

    Hello all,

    I recently downloaded PODS, Garnet OS Development Suite, ver
    1.2.1.02. Installed on my Vista home premium, which already have
    Cygwin -- thus skipping installation of Cygwin when I ran PODS
    installation.

    After several hours of googling and fiddling with it, I managed to
    compile .prc file with sample, but I can't get the IDE to launch to
    Palm simulator (and emulator) for debugging.

    It launches simulator or emulator fine, but after I click "Ok" to this
    dialog box:
    The selected Target Environment is being launched. Press OK when it is
    being launched, or Cancel to stop the debug session.

    I get this:
    Launching (Error: Unable to launch Target Environment)

    At this point, simulator/emulator is running, but no application is
    deployed to it, and the sim/emul is just showing initial screen of
    "preference setting."

    I've done many googling on this, and one of the pages I've found. I
    tried as it says:
    http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/73...ipse-launching

    but it still doesn't work.

    Does anyone know what the problem could be?

    One thing I noticed is, although I set the port to 2000, when the IDE
    launches the simulator, it launches the simulator with different port
    each time. Another site gives a hint that German window user needs
    English version of "netstat", because that's how the IDE knows which
    port it should connect to -- but I use English Windows Vista.

    - I'm not getting any stack trace from the IDE, no message in console
    section. I've checked the Zone Alarm I use, and I granted access to
    both the eclipse and java (all of them on my PC, including PODS's).
    - I checked the simulator setting for port and "Redirect NetLib calls
    to Host TCP/IP" is checked.
    - I checked IDE's simulator setting in Target Environment Setting for
    port and IP, 127.0.0.1 and 2000.

    I can manually drop the .prc file onto the simualtor and run it fine,
    but it's a manual step and I can't do debugging. I'd appreciate any
    helps.

    Thanks.

  2. Re: [Q] PODS not working?

    One thing I just found:

    If I run the Palm OS Debugger separately, that works fine. It's just
    that the IDE's debugger, and Run command, that doesn't launch the prc
    file onto the simulator, nor it does any debugging. Is this how it
    supposed to be?

    Thanks.

  3. Re: [Q] PODS not working?

    WK2 schrieb:
    > One thing I just found:
    >
    > If I run the Palm OS Debugger separately, that works fine. It's just
    > that the IDE's debugger, and Run command, that doesn't launch the prc
    > file onto the simulator, nor it does any debugging. Is this how it
    > supposed to be?
    >
    > Thanks.

    Hi,
    This problem might be caused be a non-english version of windows, which
    contains a non-english speaking netstat.exe. PODS uses netstat to setup
    the connection to the debugger and parses the output of netstat,
    assuming english messages.
    Take a look at

    Cheers
    Dirk

  4. Re: PODS not working?

    Thanks for the reply -- but as I wrote, I use English version of
    Vista.

+ Reply to Thread