Encryption Software for Palm - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Encryption Software for Palm - Palmtop ; Hi, we need to install encryption software on our Tungsten Palms. Is there anything out there that'll encrypt the data on Palms? Thanks...

  1. Encryption Software for Palm

    Hi, we need to install encryption software on our Tungsten Palms. Is there
    anything out there that'll encrypt the data on Palms?

    Thanks

  2. Re: Encryption Software for Palm

    On Wed, 13 Aug 2008 00:06:39 GMT, "Jack" wrote:

    >Hi, we need to install encryption software on our Tungsten Palms. Is there
    >anything out there that'll encrypt the data on Palms?

    Here's a list you might want to check out:

    http://www.freewarepalm.com/database...security.shtml

    I don't know if any of the programs on this list are robust enough for
    what you want to do but I've been using the last program on that list,
    TopSecret Freeware, to save passwords for years.
    --
    Cause, really, nothing says "I'm a counter culture
    rebel, fighting the establishment" like an Aibo on

    Roberto Castillo
    robertocastillo@ameritech.net
    http://mind-grapes.blogspot.com/
    http://zombie-gulch.myminicity.com/

  3. Re: Encryption Software for Palm

    On Wed, 13 Aug 2008 00:06:39 GMT, "Jack" wrote:

    >Hi, we need to install encryption software on our Tungsten Palms. Is there
    >anything out there that'll encrypt the data on Palms?

    Here's a list you might want to check out:

    http://www.freewarepalm.com/database...security.shtml

    I don't know if any of the programs on this list are robust enough for
    what you want to do but I've been using the last program on that list,
    TopSecret Freeware, to save passwords for years.
    --
    Cause, really, nothing says "I'm a counter culture
    rebel, fighting the establishment" like an Aibo on
    a skateboard.
    - Seen on Slashdot

    Roberto Castillo
    robertocastillo@ameritech.net
    http://mind-grapes.blogspot.com/
    http://zombie-gulch.myminicity.com/

  4. Re: Encryption Software for Palm

    Previously on comp.sys.palmtops.pilot, Jack said:

    > Hi, we need to install encryption software on our Tungsten Palms. Is there
    > anything out there that'll encrypt the data on Palms?

    Do you want to encrypt the entire thing, or are you looking for an an
    encrypted data store (for things like passwords, bank accounts, etc)?
    For the first, I have no idea. Generally speaking, the "security" on a
    Palm is visual only. For the second, take a look at eWallet from Ilium
    Software or Datashield from Ultrasoft. Both have Windows desktop
    syncing, and I think eWallet also has a Mac desktop.

    --
    Jeffrey Kaplan www.gordol.org

    "I never would have agreed to be a witness if I knew you were going to
    be so... civil." (Quark, STS9 "Let He Who Is Without Sin...")

  5. Re: Encryption Software for Palm

    Jack schrieb:
    > Hi, we need to install encryption software on our Tungsten Palms. Is there
    > anything out there that'll encrypt the data on Palms?
    >
    > Thanks

    Hi Jack,
    I would recommend keyring .
    Regards,
    Dirk

  6. Re: Encryption Software for Palm

    Dirk Zabel a écrit :
    > Jack schrieb:
    >> Hi, we need to install encryption software on our Tungsten Palms. Is
    >> there anything out there that'll encrypt the data on Palms?
    >>
    >>Thanks

    You also have Cryptopad ( which replace Memo application) and that can
    encrypt your data.
    You need the version 4.11 (the previous do not work perfectly with OS5
    Tom Soft

  7. Re: Encryption Software for Palm

    Zombie Elvis wrote:
    >>anything out there that'll encrypt the data on Palms?
    >>

    >Here's a list you might want to check out:
    >
    >http://www.freewarepalm.com/database...security.shtml

    None of these encrypt such things as multimedia files like jpeg. At best it is data only. All are useful for passwords , bank numbers, etc.
    I use Secret because it has a desktop application also.
    --
    Gil W0MN Yanoff +, the PDA reader
    Creed en las obras y no en las palabras

+ Reply to Thread