Usenet ap? - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Usenet ap? - Palmtop ; Is there a Palm ap for my Treo 700P to allow me to use Usenet Newsgroups?...

  1. Usenet ap?

    Is there a Palm ap for my Treo 700P to allow me to use Usenet
    Newsgroups?

  2. Re: Usenet ap?

    hotkey a écrit :
    > Is there a Palm ap for my Treo 700P to allow me to use Usenet
    > Newsgroups?

    I'm using the old free Yanof news reader. It's enough for me (small
    usage...).

    I don't know wether you can still find it on the web or not.
    Just tell me if you don't.

    Charly

  3. Re: Usenet ap?

    On 2008-06-17, hotkey wrote:
    > Is there a Palm ap for my Treo 700P to allow me to use Usenet
    > Newsgroups?

    I've used pssh to a computer running slrn in the past.

    --
    -Toby

  4. Re: Usenet ap?

    In news:4857b323$0$15488$426a34cc@news.free.fr,
    Charly typed on Tue, 17 Jun 2008 14:50:26 +0200:
    > hotkey a écrit :
    >> Is there a Palm ap for my Treo 700P to allow me to use Usenet
    >> Newsgroups?

    > I'm using the old free Yanof news reader. It's enough for me (small
    > usage...).
    >
    > I don't know wether you can still find it on the web or not.
    > Just tell me if you don't.

    Hi Charly! Interesting, I found it at:

    http://www.vanbest.org/janpascal/yanoff/

    Looks like a lot of work to get it installed though. You have to install
    Java too. So how much room does this newsreader costs you? I might be
    interested in it if I have enough room on my Palm IIIc (8MB).

    --
    Bill

  5. Re: Usenet ap?

    BillW50 wrote :
    > Hi Charly! Interesting, I found it at:
    >
    > http://www.vanbest.org/janpascal/yanoff/
    >
    > Looks like a lot of work to get it installed though. You have to install
    > Java too. So how much room does this newsreader costs you? I might be
    > interested in it if I have enough room on my Palm IIIc (8MB).

    Hi,

    No in fact the correct link is :
    http://yanoff.sourceforge.net/yanoff/yanoff.html

    No Java no nothing unless you want to synchronise with the PC. I don't
    need that so I just installed the PRC on the PDA, configure the
    newsgroups I want and voila !

    And ... it's free of charge (GPL license). It costed me tee time to
    download it :-)

    Charly

  6. Re: Usenet ap?

    In news:4858cc1e$0$14355$426a74cc@news.free.fr,
    Charly typed on Wed, 18 Jun 2008 10:49:40 +0200:
    > BillW50 wrote :
    >> Hi Charly! Interesting, I found it at:
    >>
    >> http://www.vanbest.org/janpascal/yanoff/
    >>
    >> Looks like a lot of work to get it installed though. You have to
    >> install Java too. So how much room does this newsreader costs you? I
    >> might be interested in it if I have enough room on my Palm IIIc
    >> (8MB).

    > Hi,
    >
    > No in fact the correct link is :
    > http://yanoff.sourceforge.net/yanoff/yanoff.html
    >
    > No Java no nothing unless you want to synchronise with the PC. I don't
    > need that so I just installed the PRC on the PDA, configure the
    > newsgroups I want and voila !
    >
    > And ... it's free of charge (GPL license). It costed me tee time to
    > download it :-)

    No I mean how much memory does it take up? As my Palm IIIc only has 8MB
    to work with and I have 2MB free. And unfortunately, I need to sync. I
    do have a dialup modem for my Palm, but I'm on broadband and no
    broadband (wireless) option with my current Palm IIIc setup. Though I
    used to with my Verizon Kyocera QCP3035 cell phone and a data cable. :-)

    --
    Bill

  7. Re: Usenet ap?

    BillW50 wrote :

    > No I mean how much memory does it take up? As my Palm IIIc only has 8MB
    > to work with and I have 2MB free. And unfortunately, I need to sync. I
    > do have a dialup modem for my Palm, but I'm on broadband and no
    > broadband (wireless) option with my current Palm IIIc setup. Though I
    > used to with my Verizon Kyocera QCP3035 cell phone and a data cable. :-)

    OK.

    On my TC the app itself uses 70 kB with the configuration files (I have
    4 or 5 groups). The article data then takes nearly 2 MB but I keep a lot
    of history in one of the groups.

    I can't help for the sync software...

    Charly

+ Reply to Thread