How to send <Cr> in browser field? - Palmtop

This is a discussion on How to send <Cr> in browser field? - Palmtop ; Is there a way to send in Palm's browser just like you do oc PC by hitting the Enter key? I have problem using this command line Website (yes, you heard right, a command line in a browser). I use ...

  1. How to send <Cr> in browser field?

    Is there a way to send in Palm's browser just like you do oc PC
    by hitting the Enter key? I have problem using this command line
    Website (yes, you heard right, a command line in a browser). I use
    Blazer and Opera mini on my TX. Try it for yourself, on both PC and
    Palm, and you will see what I meant.

    /Why Tea

  2. Re: How to send <Cr> in browser field?

    On Sun, 15 Jun 2008 23:52:47 -0700, Why Tea wrote:

    > Is there a way to send in Palm's browser just like you do oc PC by
    > hitting the Enter key? I have problem using this command line Website
    > (yes, you heard right, a command line in a browser). I use Blazer and
    > Opera mini on my TX. Try it for yourself, on both PC and Palm, and you
    > will see what I meant.
    >
    > /Why Tea

    Won't a "/" motion across the graffiti area work? That works for me
    in ssh agents and such (though I've never tried it in web browsers...).
    Memopad, ssh, most things I use take that as a enter....

  3. Re: How to send <Cr> in browser field?

    On Jun 17, 10:26 am, Thomas P Brisco wrote:
    > On Sun, 15 Jun 2008 23:52:47 -0700, Why Tea wrote:
    > > Is there a way to send in Palm's browser just like you do oc PC by
    > > hitting the Enter key? I have problem using this command line Website
    > > (yes, you heard right, a command line in a browser). I use Blazer and
    > > Opera mini on my TX. Try it for yourself, on both PC and Palm, and you
    > > will see what I meant.

    > > /Why Tea

    > Won't a "/" motion across the graffiti area work? That works for me
    > in ssh agents and such (though I've never tried it in web browsers...).
    > Memopad, ssh, most things I use take that as a enter....

    Try it in http://goosh.org and you'll know what I meant.

  4. Re: How to send <Cr> in browser field?

    On 16 Jun 2008, Why Tea wrote:

    > On Jun 17, 10:26 am, Thomas P Brisco wrote:
    >> On Sun, 15 Jun 2008 23:52:47 -0700, Why Tea wrote:
    >> > Is there a way to send in Palm's browser just like you do
    >> > oc PC by hitting the Enter key? I have problem using this
    >> > command line Website (yes, you heard right, a command line in a
    >> > browser). I use Blazer and Opera mini on my TX. Try it for
    >> > yourself, on both PC and Palm, and you will see what I meant.

    >> > /Why Tea

    >> Won't a "/" motion across the graffiti area work? That works for
    >> me in ssh agents and such (though I've never tried it in web
    >> browsers...). Memopad, ssh, most things I use take that as a
    >> enter....

    > Try it in http://goosh.org and you'll know what I meant.

    I did and as you say, it doesn't work. I suspect this is related to
    the use of Javascript in the page to emulate a shell. Aa Thomas
    said, in "really" shells, such as ssh, there's no problem. goosh is
    a cute idea, especially for a device like the TX. Maybe you should
    email the author to see if he'll fix it for us. Do let us know if
    you get it working.

    Dave

    --
    D.a.v.i.d T.i.k.t.i.n
    t.i.k.t.i.n [at] a.d.v.a.n.c.e.d.r.e.l.a.y [dot] c.o.m

  5. Re: How to send <Cr> in browser field?

    On Jun 17, 5:38*pm, David Tiktin wrote:
    > On 16 Jun 2008, Why Tea wrote:

    > >> Won't a "/" motion across the graffiti area work? *That works for
    > >> me in ssh agents and such (though I've never tried it in web
    > >> browsers...). Memopad, ssh, most things I use take that as a
    > >> enter....

    > > Try it inhttp://goosh.organd you'll know what I meant.

    > I did and as you say, it doesn't work. *I suspect this is related to
    > the use of Javascript in the page to emulate a shell. *Aa Thomas
    > said, in "really" shells, such as ssh, there's no problem. *goosh is
    > a cute idea, especially for a device like the TX. *Maybe you should
    > email the author to see if he'll fix it for us. *Do let us know if
    > you get it working.

    I did email the author, but there is no reply.

+ Reply to Thread