Can't sync - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Can't sync - Palmtop ; I've just had to replace my laptop. I re-installed Palm Desktop on the new machine, but I can't seem to sync my Tungsten E2 with it. When I try to sync using Bluetooth I get a message saying that the ...

  1. Can't sync

    I've just had to replace my laptop. I re-installed Palm Desktop on the
    new machine, but I can't seem to sync my Tungsten E2 with it. When I try
    to sync using Bluetooth I get a message saying that the port is being
    used by some other application. If I try using a cable then just nothing
    happens.

    New laptop is running 10.5.3. I've configured Bluetooth to work with the
    Palm.

    What have I forgotten, folks?

    Dave

  2. Re: Can't sync

    In article ,
    dave@DavidOSmith.co.uk says...

    > New laptop is running 10.5.3.

    10.5.3 what?

  3. Re: Can't sync

    In article ,
    Jim Anderson wrote:

    > In article ,
    > dave@DavidOSmith.co.uk says...
    >
    > > New laptop is running 10.5.3.

    > 10.5.3 what?

    Probably Mac OS X. I suggest the OP ditch the Palm Desktop software; its
    dead in the water and it was never really ported over to Leopard. A much
    better option for Mac users is to use iCal and Address book and sync
    them using Missing Sync from http://www.markspace.com but I suggest the
    OP verify that his PDA is on the supported devices list before he
    downloads the software.

  4. Re: Can't sync

    In article ,
    Jim Anderson wrote:

    > 10.5.3 what?

    Mac OS X 10.5.3. Sorry, I'm so used to working on Mac specific
    newsgroups and fora that I forgot to say that.

    I notice someone recommended "Missing Sync". That looks as though it
    wants to connect to iCal and Address Book. Have to learn those, I
    suppose. But how does it fit with memos, To Do's and other applications
    on the Palm - Docs To Go, Mobipocket Reader to mention just two.

    Yes, the Tungsten E2 is on the supported list for Missing Sync. But so
    much isn't mentioned that I don't want to end up worse off than before.
    As a worst case I can keep in sync with my OS X 10.4.11 desktop machine.
    Setting that up will be a chore, but at least I'll have everything
    backed up using that machine.

    Worried,

    Dave

  5. Re: Can't sync

    In article ,
    David O Smith wrote:

    > In article ,
    > Jim Anderson wrote:
    >
    > > 10.5.3 what?

    > Mac OS X 10.5.3. Sorry, I'm so used to working on Mac specific
    > newsgroups and fora that I forgot to say that.
    >
    > I notice someone recommended "Missing Sync". That looks as though it
    > wants to connect to iCal and Address Book. Have to learn those, I
    > suppose. But how does it fit with memos, To Do's and other applications
    > on the Palm - Docs To Go, Mobipocket Reader to mention just two.

    Missing Sync has a memos feature which gets installed on both your PDA
    and your Mac. To dos are handled through iCal or Mail.app, or you can
    enter them on your PDA exactly as you do now.

+ Reply to Thread