hard reset for Tungsten e - Palmtop

This is a discussion on hard reset for Tungsten e - Palmtop ; In an attempt to try and resolve a glitch with my palm, I deleted a lot of software and basically made things worse for my tungsten e. I would like to restore my tungsten e to its factory settings and ...

  1. hard reset for Tungsten e

    In an attempt to try and resolve a glitch with my palm, I deleted a lot of
    software and basically made things worse for my tungsten e. I would like to
    restore my tungsten e to its factory settings and restore all programs -
    when I try to do it now it just resets with the same problems - do I need to
    delete all the original palm software from my computer. What other software
    should I delete. Right now when ever I do a sync I have to reset my palm.

    Thanks for any help you can give me with this.

    John Helm

  2. Re: hard reset for Tungsten e

    In article ,
    blcommissioner@insightbb.com says...
    > In an attempt to try and resolve a glitch with my palm, I deleted a lot of
    > software and basically made things worse for my tungsten e. I would like to
    > restore my tungsten e to its factory settings and restore all programs -
    > when I try to do it now it just resets with the same problems - do I need to
    > delete all the original palm software from my computer. What other software
    > should I delete. Right now when ever I do a sync I have to reset my palm.
    >
    > Thanks for any help you can give me with this.
    >
    > John Helm

    The restore Hotsync just loads the problem back on.

    Do the hard reset, answer yes to erase all data.

    On the PC find and rename the c://program files/palm(one)/
    [username]/Backup folder to OLD backup. It contains all of the 3rd party
    apps and data.

    Now do a Hotsync and all your PIM data will be restored, but none of
    your 3rd party apps or data. Reinstall them from fresh downloads so you
    know they are good.

+ Reply to Thread