List of people who have dialed you - Palmtop

This is a discussion on List of people who have dialed you - Palmtop ; I have a Palm Treo 650 smartphone and I do know that it is possible to get a list of people who have dialed you. But how do you get it? And well, through TealPhone I can get a list ...

  1. List of people who have dialed you

    I have a Palm Treo 650 smartphone and I do know that it is possible to
    get a list of people who have dialed you. But how do you get it?

    And well, through TealPhone I can get a list of people I have dialed -
    but that isn't really what I want.

    The purpose, of course, is to store the phone number of the dialer for
    future use.
    --
    Per Erik Rønne
    http://www.RQNNE.dk

  2. Re: List of people who have dialed you

    On Thu, May 29, 2008 at 04:40:31AM +0200, Per R?nne wrote:
    > I have a Palm Treo 650 smartphone and I do know that it is possible to
    > get a list of people who have dialed you. But how do you get it?
    >
    > The purpose, of course, is to store the phone number of the dialer for
    > future use.

    If it's the same as a 680, then go into the phone application, select
    the right hand icon atthe bottom of the screen, then at the top of the
    screen select "incoming" in the drop-down. To then add a number to the
    address book, select it and go the the Record menu, then Add Contact.

    If you want to do that on your desktop you'll need some third party
    software because Palm don't seem to supply anything that'll read the
    PhoneCallDB.pdb file. Here's some software I wrote to do it:
    http://search.cpan.org/~dcantrell/Pa...oneCallDB-1.1/

    --
    David Cantrell | Cake Smuggler Extraordinaire

    Wow, my first sigquoting! I feel so special now!
    -- Dan Sugalski

  3. Re: List of people who have dialed you

    David Cantrell wrote:

    > On Thu, May 29, 2008 at 04:40:31AM +0200, Per R?nne wrote:
    > > I have a Palm Treo 650 smartphone and I do know that it is possible to
    > > get a list of people who have dialed you. But how do you get it?
    > >
    > > The purpose, of course, is to store the phone number of the dialer for
    > > future use.

    > If it's the same as a 680,

    It should be.

    > then go into the phone application,

    I select the 'Phone' button though I could also select the Phone through
    the top left button. I come to the same place.

    > select right hand icon at the bottom theof the screen,

    I see no 'right hand icon' at the bottom of the screen.

    Instead I see two columns with two rows where you can place applications
    that you want to place there - for easy access. When I go down it will
    expand to five columns and seven rows.

    There is a button to the right bottom of the screen with three pull-down
    menus: Record, Edit and Options. But none of these menus has an
    'Incoming' menu.

    > then at the top of the screen select "incoming" in the drop-down.

    And I know it is there, somewhere. I just don't remember where - and the
    manual is of no help.

    > To then add a number to the
    > address book, select it and go the the Record menu, then Add Contact.
    >
    > If you want to do that on your desktop you'll need some third party
    > software because Palm don't seem to supply anything that'll read the
    > PhoneCallDB.pdb file. Here's some software I wrote to do it:
    > http://search.cpan.org/~dcantrell/Pa...oneCallDB-1.1/

    I use The Missing Sync to synchronize between Apple's Address Book and
    TealPhone on the Treo. Not as efficient as it had been with an iPhone,
    of course, but the iPhone hasn't been released in Denmark yet and it
    probably won't be before a 3G model is available - which means everybody
    will have to wait until June 9th ...
    --
    Per Erik Rønne
    http://www.RQNNE.dk

  4. Re: List of people who have dialed you

    Previously on comp.sys.palmtops.pilot, David Cantrell said:

    > > The purpose, of course, is to store the phone number of the dialer for
    > > future use.

    > If it's the same as a 680, then go into the phone application, select

    It isn't. IIRC, the call log on the 650 is a pop-up menu. While in
    the Phone app, try holding the phone button.

    --
    Jeffrey Kaplan www.gordol.org

    If I Am Ever the Sidekick... 16. I will inform the Hero and his
    associates of any embarrassing secrets, so that the Evil Overlord
    cannot use them to blackmail me.

  5. Re: List of people who have dialed you

    Jeffrey Kaplan wrote:

    > Previously on comp.sys.palmtops.pilot, David Cantrell said:
    >
    > > > The purpose, of course, is to store the phone number of the dialer for
    > > > future use.

    > > If it's the same as a 680, then go into the phone application, select

    > It isn't. IIRC, the call log on the 650 is a pop-up menu. While in
    > the Phone app, try holding the phone button.

    It doesn't seem to help. At most, it will give you the /last/ failed
    call.
    --
    Per Erik Rønne
    http://www.RQNNE.dk

  6. Re: List of people who have dialed you

    In message <1ihoq6r.1qf9qze1p4vbhlN%per@RQNNE.invalid> per@RQNNE.invalid
    (Per Rønne) wrote:

    >I have a Palm Treo 650 smartphone and I do know that it is possible to
    >get a list of people who have dialed you. But how do you get it?
    >
    >And well, through TealPhone I can get a list of people I have dialed -
    >but that isn't really what I want.
    >
    >The purpose, of course, is to store the phone number of the dialer for
    >future use.

    If you're not adverse to a third party app, Natara's Comet can access
    the call history as well as provide statistics and present the data in a
    format suitable for import into other formats.

    http://www.natara.com/Comet/index.cfm

  7. Re: List of people who have dialed you

    DevilsPGD wrote:

    > In message <1ihoq6r.1qf9qze1p4vbhlN%per@RQNNE.invalid> per@RQNNE.invalid
    > (Per Rønne) wrote:
    >
    > >I have a Palm Treo 650 smartphone and I do know that it is possible to
    > >get a list of people who have dialed you. But how do you get it?
    > >
    > >And well, through TealPhone I can get a list of people I have dialed -
    > >but that isn't really what I want.
    > >
    > >The purpose, of course, is to store the phone number of the dialer for
    > >future use.

    > If you're not adverse to a third party app, Natara's Comet can access
    > the call history as well as provide statistics and present the data in a
    > format suitable for import into other formats.
    >
    > http://www.natara.com/Comet/index.cfm

    The functionality /is/ already available - I've just forgotten how.
    --
    Per Erik Rønne
    http://www.RQNNE.dk

  8. Re: List of people who have dialed you

    In article <1ihqke5.fzuylq1we1ph3N%per@RQNNE.invalid>, spam@RQNNE.dk (=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Per_R=F8nne?=) wrote:

    Ok in the phone mode hit your green phone button. This will at first glance
    bring up a list of the last numbers dialed. At the very top of the list you
    will have "Dial Pad" and the next one down should be "Call Log". Hit this and
    up the top there is a drop down where you can select all or incoming or etc.
    If you click on anyone of the numbers which is not installed as a contact you
    will have the "add contact" button come up on the bottom right of the screen.
    Follow your nose from there.

    >DevilsPGD wrote:
    >
    >> In message <1ihoq6r.1qf9qze1p4vbhlN%per@RQNNE.invalid> per@RQNNE.invalid
    >> (Per Rønne) wrote:
    >>
    >> >I have a Palm Treo 650 smartphone and I do know that it is possible to
    >> >get a list of people who have dialed you. But how do you get it?
    >> >
    >> >And well, through TealPhone I can get a list of people I have dialed -
    >> >but that isn't really what I want.
    >> >
    >> >The purpose, of course, is to store the phone number of the dialer for
    >> >future use.

    >> If you're not adverse to a third party app, Natara's Comet can access
    >> the call history as well as provide statistics and present the data in a
    >> format suitable for import into other formats.
    >>
    >> http://www.natara.com/Comet/index.cfm

    >The functionality /is/ already available - I've just forgotten how.

  9. Re: List of people who have dialed you

    On Thu, May 29, 2008 at 11:10:03AM +0200, Per R?nne wrote:
    > David Cantrell wrote:
    > > then go into the phone application,
    > > select right hand icon at the bottom theof the screen,

    > I see no 'right hand icon' at the bottom of the screen.

    Just in case we have some language confusion here, by "right hand icon"
    I don't mean one that looks like a right hand, but the one on the far
    right of a line of icons. On the 680 this icon looks like three
    horizontal lines with bullet points next to them.

    > There is a button to the right bottom of the screen with three pull-down
    > menus: Record, Edit and Options. But none of these menus has an
    > 'Incoming' menu.

    Looks like it's not the same software then. How annoying.

    It wouldn't hurt to think like a serial killer every so often.
    Purely for purposes of prevention, of course.

  10. Re: List of people who have dialed you

    On Thu, May 29, 2008 at 09:12:03AM +0100, David Cantrell wrote:

    > If you want to do that on your desktop you'll need some third party
    > software because Palm don't seem to supply anything that'll read the
    > PhoneCallDB.pdb file. Here's some software I wrote to do it:
    > http://search.cpan.org/~dcantrell/Pa...oneCallDB-1.1/

    Re-reading this, perhaps I shold have been a bit clearer. That software
    of mine will give you access to the call logs, but won't do anything
    else.

    Would people find it useful if I put a webby interface on it so that you
    could submit a PhoneCallDB file and get the data back in XML or CSV?
    Obviously I promise not to keep the data :-)

    There's no problem so complex that it can't be solved
    by killing everyone even remotely associated with it

  11. Re: List of people who have dialed you

    David Cantrell wrote:

    > On Thu, May 29, 2008 at 11:10:03AM +0200, Per R?nne wrote:
    > > David Cantrell wrote:
    > > > then go into the phone application,
    > > > select right hand icon at the bottom theof the screen,

    > > I see no 'right hand icon' at the bottom of the screen.

    > Just in case we have some language confusion here, by "right hand icon"
    > I don't mean one that looks like a right hand, but the one on the far
    > right of a line of icons. On the 680 this icon looks like three
    > horizontal lines with bullet points next to them.

    Simply put, on the built-in Phone application there are no icons in the
    botton of the screen.

    > > There is a button to the right bottom of the screen with three pull-down
    > > menus: Record, Edit and Options. But none of these menus has an
    > > 'Incoming' menu.

    > Looks like it's not the same software then. How annoying.

    Yep.
    --
    Per Erik Rønne
    http://www.RQNNE.dk

  12. Re: List of people who have dialed you

    Peter D wrote:

    > Ok in the phone mode hit your green phone button. This will at first glance
    > bring up a list of the last numbers dialed.

    There's no 'phone mode' and if you enter the Phone application and then
    press the green button, nothing really happens. It just starts the Phone
    application again.
    --
    Per Erik Rønne
    http://www.RQNNE.dk

  13. Re: List of people who have dialed you

    On 2008-05-30, Per R?nne wrote:
    > David Cantrell wrote:

    >> > I see no 'right hand icon' at the bottom of the screen.

    >> Just in case we have some language confusion here, by "right hand icon"
    >> I don't mean one that looks like a right hand, but the one on the far
    >> right of a line of icons. On the 680 this icon looks like three
    >> horizontal lines with bullet points next to them.

    > Simply put, on the built-in Phone application there are no icons in the
    > botton of the screen.
    >
    >> > There is a button to the right bottom of the screen with three pull-down
    >> > menus: Record, Edit and Options. But none of these menus has an
    >> > 'Incoming' menu.

    >> Looks like it's not the same software then. How annoying.

    > Yep.

    Treo 650 has an older version of the phone app than (some) later Treos
    (David was referring to the newer phone app on e.g. the Treo 680).
    Have you looked in the manual? It is available on the Palm Support site:
    http://www.palm.com/us/support/handb...o650gsm_UG.pdf
    From that manual:
    "You can also access the Call Log by pressing Phone/Send twice, and then
    selecting Call Log from the recent call list".

    HTH
    Ton van Overbeek

  14. Re: List of people who have dialed you

    Ton van Overbeek wrote:

    > Treo 650 has an older version of the phone app than (some) later Treos
    > (David was referring to the newer phone app on e.g. the Treo 680).
    > Have you looked in the manual? It is available on the Palm Support site:
    > http://www.palm.com/us/support/handb...o650gsm_UG.pdf

    That one I have now downloaded. I just had the printed manual which is
    much shorter.

    > From that manual:
    > "You can also access the Call Log by pressing Phone/Send twice, and then
    > selecting Call Log from the recent call list".

    And I how now found out how to do it:

    Press the physical Phone button.

    Find a free cell in the 7*5 array.
    Press the physical menu button, and select 'Edit Favorites Button'. In
    the pop-up at the top of the screen, select 'Call Log' and if you want
    to give it a Quick Key give it one.

    Pressing 'Phone/Send' twice simply doesn't work - perhaps because I have
    changed the set-up quite much. After all, I use TealPhone, DateBk6,
    powerOne Graph, A-lex and Duden Oxford Großwörterbuch.
    --
    Per Erik Rønne
    http://www.RQNNE.dk

  15. Re: List of people who have dialed you

    Per Rønne wrote:

    > And I how now found out how to do it:

    Ah!

    And I have now found out how to do it:
    --
    Per Erik Rønne
    http://www.RQNNE.dk

  16. Re: List of people who have dialed you

    Per Rønne wrote:
    > Peter D wrote:
    >
    >> Ok in the phone mode hit your green phone button. This will at first glance
    >> bring up a list of the last numbers dialed.

    > There's no 'phone mode' and if you enter the Phone application and then
    > press the green button, nothing really happens. It just starts the Phone
    > application again.

    Call Log should be on the list of choices you get when you hit Down.

    --
    John W. Kennedy
    "You can, if you wish, class all science-fiction together; but it is

+ Reply to Thread