Zire22 Problem - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Zire22 Problem - Palmtop ; Openchess had been running fine. Then attempted to overclock, with Hackmaster, and then Afterburner - couldn't find afterburner after install, so couldn't run it. It appeared as a hack in Hackmaster only. Then tried Quickbits, it ran. Then after all ...

  1. Zire22 Problem

    Openchess had been running fine. Then attempted to overclock, with
    Hackmaster, and then Afterburner - couldn't find afterburner after
    install,
    so couldn't run it. It appeared as a hack in Hackmaster only.
    Then tried Quickbits, it ran. Then after all this, could
    not run Openchess, it crashed the system, white screen, then buzzing,
    with coloured boxes; used reset button to reset. Yet, other programs
    could run including Palmchess.

    It seems no matter what I do, this Zire22 will not run Openchess
    without
    crashing the system, even after removing Hackmaster, Afterburner, and
    Quickbits; after all reboots.

    Solution?

  2. Re: Zire22 Problem

    On May 2, 5:38*pm, ****a...@aussieisp.net.au wrote:
    > Openchess had been running fine. *Then attempted to overclock, with
    > Hackmaster, and then Afterburner - couldn't find afterburner after
    > install,
    > so couldn't run it. *It appeared as a hack in Hackmaster only.
    > Then tried Quickbits, it ran. *Then after all this, could
    > not run Openchess, it crashed the system, white screen, then buzzing,
    > with coloured boxes; used reset button to reset. *Yet, other programs
    > could run including Palmchess.
    >
    > It seems no matter what I do, this Zire22 will not run Openchess
    > without
    > crashing the system, even after removing Hackmaster, Afterburner, and
    > Quickbits; after all reboots.
    >
    > Solution?

    Am attempting a hard boot, as per protocol:http://www.hardreset.eu/
    palm_z22_hard_reset_soft_reset.html
    Noticed instructions were not clear about 'the icon' you see before
    releasing the power button. I'll see if it
    works. Problem here it takes a bit of time, reinstalling.

  3. Re: Zire22 Problem

    On May 2, 5:38*pm, ****a...@aussieisp.net.au wrote:
    > Openchess had been running fine. *Then attempted to overclock, with
    > Hackmaster, and then Afterburner - couldn't find afterburner after
    > install,
    > so couldn't run it. *It appeared as a hack in Hackmaster only.
    > Then tried Quickbits, it ran. *Then after all this, could
    > not run Openchess, it crashed the system, white screen, then buzzing,
    > with coloured boxes; used reset button to reset. *Yet, other programs
    > could run including Palmchess.
    >
    > It seems no matter what I do, this Zire22 will not run Openchess
    > without
    > crashing the system, even after removing Hackmaster, Afterburner, and
    > Quickbits; after all reboots.
    >
    > Solution?

    Amazingly enough, even after a hard reboot, Openchess does not run.
    Wacko, what a machine.

  4. Re: Zire22 Problem

    Noticed alot of hotsync problems were solved with disconnecting other
    usb devices, and not using a hub.

+ Reply to Thread