Palm Tungsten E spontaneously wakes up - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Palm Tungsten E spontaneously wakes up - Palmtop ; Hi We have a 3 year old Palm Tungsten E. It is excellent in most respects but has an annoying problem in that it spontaneously wakes up when left unattended. This flattens the battery and looses all data in memory. ...

  1. Palm Tungsten E spontaneously wakes up

    Hi

    We have a 3 year old Palm Tungsten E. It is excellent in most respects
    but has an annoying problem in that it spontaneously wakes up when
    left unattended. This flattens the battery and looses all data in
    memory.

    It has only basic software installed and I have ruled out application
    software causing the wake up.

    My wife has run out of patience with this PDA because of this problem
    and we will probably replace it with another model, but this post is a
    last plea for help on how to fix the problem.

    Any ideas please?

    BR

    David

  2. Re: Palm Tungsten E spontaneously wakes up

    "DavidA" wrote in message
    > Hi
    >
    > We have a 3 year old Palm Tungsten E. It is excellent in most respects
    > but has an annoying problem in that it spontaneously wakes up when
    > left unattended. This flattens the battery and looses all data in
    > memory.
    >
    > It has only basic software installed and I have ruled out application
    > software causing the wake up.
    >
    > My wife has run out of patience with this PDA because of this problem
    > and we will probably replace it with another model, but this post is a
    > last plea for help on how to fix the problem.
    >
    > Any ideas please?
    >
    > BR
    >
    > David

    I have this same problem with my Tungsten T5 but it only seems to happen
    when the device is docked. I don't think my battery has been affected, and
    my apps and data stay intact, but it annoys the hell out of me. I have no
    idea why this happens either.

    So if anyone can answer your question or mine or both, it would be very
    much appreciated.

    DR

  3. Re: Palm Tungsten E spontaneously wakes up

    "DavidA" wrote in message
    > Hi
    >
    > We have a 3 year old Palm Tungsten E. It is excellent in most respects
    > but has an annoying problem in that it spontaneously wakes up when
    > left unattended. This flattens the battery and looses all data in
    > memory.
    >
    > It has only basic software installed and I have ruled out application
    > software causing the wake up.
    >
    > My wife has run out of patience with this PDA because of this problem
    > and we will probably replace it with another model, but this post is a
    > last plea for help on how to fix the problem.
    >
    > Any ideas please?
    >
    > BR
    >
    > David

    This may be a software issue as I had this problem on my iQue 3600 when running
    DigiE. It would wake up and stay on draining the battery. Deleting DigiE from RAM
    solved the problem. I also heard others having a problem with alarms waking the Palm.

    Firstly I suggest you use a backup program to back everything to the card so you
    don't lose data. Secondly you may try to warm reset. This will reset without loading
    any resident programs. If the problem goes away after warm reset it confirms that one
    of your programs is doing it. If not then it may be a hardware issue.

    Adam

  4. Re: Palm Tungsten E spontaneously wakes up

    DavidA wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > We have a 3 year old Palm Tungsten E. It is excellent in most respects
    > but has an annoying problem in that it spontaneously wakes up when
    > left unattended. This flattens the battery and looses all data in
    > memory.
    >
    > It has only basic software installed and I have ruled out application
    > software causing the wake up.
    >
    > My wife has run out of patience with this PDA because of this problem
    > and we will probably replace it with another model, but this post is a
    > last plea for help on how to fix the problem.
    >
    > Any ideas please?
    >
    > BR
    >
    > David

    The obvious experiment is to do a hard reset to see if that fixes it.
    Any program left running in the background can wake it up.
    PDA's normally wake up at midnight to check the calendar.
    It's possible that some running program prevents it going back to sleep.
    For example, if you sleep a windows mobile pda with an mp3 playing,
    it will wake up at midnight and play mp3's until the battery dies.

    --
    Return address is VALID!
    Bunch-O-Stuff Forsale Here:

+ Reply to Thread