Lifedrive and TomTom 6: no maps found error - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Lifedrive and TomTom 6: no maps found error - Palmtop ; OK, I bought TomTom 6 on DVD, as I used to have TT5 working on my LD, and the specs are similar. First off, when I installed it to the internal drive, it crashed the LD every time it opened. ...

  1. Lifedrive and TomTom 6: no maps found error

    OK, I bought TomTom 6 on DVD, as I used to have TT5 working on my LD,
    and the specs are similar. First off, when I installed it to the
    internal drive, it crashed the LD every time it opened. Then I wiped
    it off, installed TT to a clean SD card, along with the maps and
    voices, and now it doesn't crash, but it can't find the maps.
    Extensive searches have only revealed solutions for the Win PPC
    version (a DAT file containing the location of the maps is mentioned,
    but I don't know how the Palm references drives and folders).

    Any ideas?

    TIA,
    Stuart

  2. Re: Lifedrive and TomTom 6: no maps found error

    On Apr 18, 11:16 pm, srtgray wrote:
    > OK, I bought TomTom 6 on DVD, as I used to have TT5 working on my LD,
    > and the specs are similar. First off, when I installed it to the
    > internal drive, it crashed the LD every time it opened. Then I wiped
    > it off, installed TT to a clean SD card, along with the maps and
    > voices, and now it doesn't crash, but it can't find the maps.
    > Extensive searches have only revealed solutions for the Win PPC
    > version (a DAT file containing the location of the maps is mentioned,
    > but I don't know how the Palm references drives and folders).
    >
    > Any ideas?
    >
    > TIA,
    > Stuart

    Update: The problem has changed. I realise I hadn't properly wiped
    off the version 5 files, so having done that it now gets to the
    starting sequence, but when I select English (UK) I get the red screen
    "Your device is not compatible with TomTom" screen. I have tried the
    orignal files, and the "hacked2 versions for the Treo 680 from palm,
    but to no avail. so I am a bit further on, but not much.

  3. Re: Lifedrive and TomTom 6: no maps found error

    srtgray wrote:
    >Update: The problem has changed. I realise I hadn't properly wiped
    >off the version 5 files, so having done that it now gets to the
    >starting sequence, but when I select English (UK) I get the red screen
    >"Your device is not compatible with TomTom" screen. I have tried the
    >orignal files, and the "hacked2 versions for the Treo 680 from palm,
    >but to no avail. so I am a bit further on, but not much.

    It sounds like you didnt have a delete of the old version including prefs. Youmight want to do a complete uninstall, or a hard reset as a last resort.
    --

    ****

+ Reply to Thread