    Many thanks,

    Phil

  2. Re: Selecting memos causes reset

    On 2008-04-18, Phil Bewig wrote:
    > I have a Palm TX. I frequently use Memos. Last week something went
    > wrong, and whenever I select Memos on the Applications menu, my TX
    > does a soft reset. The same thing happens when I select Memo from the
    > main menu. I am unable to see any of my memos. How can I fix this?

    This happens sometimes to me but I run backupman so I'm able to restore
    the memos db to an earlier version.

    You'll need to do a repair at your PC but I forget how to do that because
    I stopped using HotSync months ago.

    --
    -Toby

  3. Re: Selecting memos causes reset

    I had this happen to me. It was a corrupted memo. Fortunately I remembered
    which memo was the last one I used. I deleted the bad memo on the desktop
    and Hotsynced. Problem solved.

    Other alternatives:

    1)On the Palm Desktop check for corrupted records (That function is under
    Tools, Options, Tools)
    2)Install dbScan on the Palm and run it

    --
    "The human adventure is just beginning"

    "Phil Bewig" wrote in message
    >I have a Palm TX. I frequently use Memos. Last week something went
    > wrong, and whenever I select Memos on the Applications menu, my TX
    > does a soft reset. The same thing happens when I select Memo from the
    > main menu. I am unable to see any of my memos. How can I fix this?
    >
    > Many thanks,
    >
    > Phil

  4. Re: Selecting memos causes reset

    On Apr 18, 5:01 pm, "C0mdrData" wrote:
    > I had this happen to me. It was a corrupted memo. Fortunately I remembered
    > which memo was the last one I used. I deleted the bad memo on the desktop
    > and Hotsynced. Problem solved.
    >
    > Other alternatives:
    >
    > 1)On the Palm Desktop check for corrupted records (That function is under
    > Tools, Options, Tools)
    > 2)Install dbScan on the Palm and run it
    >
    > --
    > "The human adventure is just beginning"
    >
    > "Phil Bewig" wrote in message

    > >I have a Palm TX. I frequently use Memos. Last week something went
    > > wrong, and whenever I select Memos on the Applications menu, my TX
    > > does a soft reset. The same thing happens when I select Memo from the
    > > main menu. I am unable to see any of my memos. How can I fix this?

    > > Many thanks,

    > > Phil

    It took a couple of tries, but I found the bad memo in the desktop,
    deleted it, hot synced, and all is well.

    Many thanks,

    Phil

+ Reply to Thread