Treo 680 and IOGear Rs232 Bluetooth - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Treo 680 and IOGear Rs232 Bluetooth - Palmtop ; I am new to bluetooth so please excuse my ignorance. I have been trying to connect the 680 to this IOGear BT adpater for a few days and I wasn't having any luck. When I try to configure the Connection ...

  1. Treo 680 and IOGear Rs232 Bluetooth

    I am new to bluetooth so please excuse my ignorance.

    I have been trying to connect the 680 to this IOGear BT
    adpater for a few days and I wasn't having any luck.

    When I try to configure the Connection from the System
    Prefs it doesn't find the device but I discovered today
    that if I try to send a Contact or Memo then it finds
    the Nearby Device and reports IOGEAR GBS301 200F and I
    was able to enter the PIN and make a Trusted connection.
    At least I thought so.

    When I go into the Blutooth settings or Connection settings
    the Trusted devices is empty and it doesn't find the IOGear
    at all when I search.

    Am I doing something wrong here ?

  2. Re: Treo 680 and IOGear Rs232 Bluetooth

    In article , pslegg@===ANTI-
    SPAM===scubadivers.co.uk says...
    > I am new to bluetooth so please excuse my ignorance.
    >
    > I have been trying to connect the 680 to this IOGear BT
    > adpater for a few days and I wasn't having any luck.
    >
    > When I try to configure the Connection from the System
    > Prefs it doesn't find the device but I discovered today
    > that if I try to send a Contact or Memo then it finds
    > the Nearby Device and reports IOGEAR GBS301 200F and I
    > was able to enter the PIN and make a Trusted connection.
    > At least I thought so.
    >
    > When I go into the Blutooth settings or Connection settings
    > the Trusted devices is empty and it doesn't find the IOGear
    > at all when I search.
    >
    > Am I doing something wrong here ?

    Verison? They cripple their BT so you have to use their 'Teather Plan'

  3. Re: Treo 680 and IOGear Rs232 Bluetooth

    On 5 Apr 2008 03:34:18 G, Jim Anderson wrote:
    >Date: Sat, 05 Apr 2008 03:34:18 GMT
    >
    >In article says...
    >> I am new to bluetooth so please excuse my ignorance.
    >>
    >> I have been trying to connect the 680 to this IOGear BT
    >> adpater for a few days and I wasn't having any luck.
    >>
    >> When I try to configure the Connection from the System
    >> Prefs it doesn't find the device but I discovered today
    >> that if I try to send a Contact or Memo then it finds
    >> the Nearby Device and reports IOGEAR GBS301 200F and I
    >> was able to enter the PIN and make a Trusted connection.
    >> At least I thought so.
    >>
    >> When I go into the Blutooth settings or Connection settings
    >> the Trusted devices is empty and it doesn't find the IOGear
    >> at all when I search.
    >>
    >> Am I doing something wrong here ?
    >>

    >Verison? They cripple their BT so you have to use their 'Teather Plan'
    >.

    The Palm version is the recent Treo680-2.12-ROW

    I've not heard of "Tether Plan", I just want to Sync with Pilot-link

    Peter

+ Reply to Thread