Palm TX - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Palm TX - Palmtop ; can the palm tx be loaded with a gps software and use a usb gps module,also how can one back up the palm while its new ,before loading and unloading software...

  1. Palm TX

    can the palm tx be loaded with a gps software and use a usb gps
    module,also how can one back up the palm while its new ,before loading
    and unloading software

  2. Re: Palm TX

    In message

    woodworking@tnt21.com wrote:

    >can the palm tx be loaded with a gps software and use a usb gps
    >module,

    In short, no. Serial or bluetooth are your only options.

    >also how can one back up the palm while its new ,before loading
    >and unloading software

    Don't bother, you can do a hard reset to get back to factory defaults.

  3. Re: Palm TX

    > can the palm tx be loaded with a gps software and use a usb gps
    > module,also how can one back up the palm while its new ,before loading
    > and unloading software

    I use Tomtom and a bluetooth puck. They are very cheap on ebay and work
    well. You can back up your palm by using the Palm Desktop software. I always
    use an SD card in the palm with backup software on it. I use Cardbackup but
    there are alternatives. I backup the Palm to the card several times a day in
    case of data loss.
    Mick

  4. Re: Palm TX

    On Fri, 4 Apr 2008 07:16:19 -0700 (PDT), woodworking@tnt21.com wrote:

    >can the palm tx be loaded with a gps software and use a usb gps
    >module,also how can one back up the palm while its new ,before loading
    >and unloading software

    Another option, albeit a tangential one:

    If you have a phone that you can use BT to get a 'net connection with,
    you can use Google Maps for the Palm.

    It's not a GPS app for sure, but it will help you to get where you
    want to go and offers both tactical maps as well as a "Google Earth"
    view.

+ Reply to Thread