lost hotsync icon - Palmtop

This is a discussion on lost hotsync icon - Palmtop ; The Hotsync icon in the task bar of Windows XP Pro has disappeared. My Palm T3 still hot-syncs but as I say the icon isn't there. Any ideas how I can get it back without a re-install. Thanks...

  1. lost hotsync icon

    The Hotsync icon in the task bar of Windows XP Pro has disappeared. My Palm
    T3 still hot-syncs but as I say the icon isn't there. Any ideas how I can
    get it back without a re-install.
    Thanks

  2. Re: lost hotsync icon

    On Apr 1, 11:31 am, "Dave" wrote:
    > The Hotsync icon in the task bar of Windows XP Pro has disappeared. My Palm
    > T3 still hot-syncs but as I say the icon isn't there. Any ideas how I can
    > get it back without a re-install.
    > Thanks

    Try this:
    Start->Programs->Palm (or Palmone)->Hotsync Manager
    Presuming that works, you need to put a shortcut to Hotsync manager in
    Start->Programs->Startup
    - henry

  3. Re: lost hotsync icon

    "henryp" wrote in message
    > On Apr 1, 11:31 am, "Dave" wrote:
    >> The Hotsync icon in the task bar of Windows XP Pro has disappeared. My
    >> Palm
    >> T3 still hot-syncs but as I say the icon isn't there. Any ideas how I can
    >> get it back without a re-install.
    >> Thanks

    > Try this:
    > Start->Programs->Palm (or Palmone)->Hotsync Manager
    > Presuming that works, you need to put a shortcut to Hotsync manager in
    > Start->Programs->Startup
    > - henry

    Thanks, tried that already but today after a reboot it magically reappeared
    ..
    Dave

  4. Re: lost hotsync icon

    Try this:

    1.) Right click on the taskbar.
    2.) Select properties.
    3.) Uncheck the box that says "Hide inactive icons"
    4.) Click OK

    You hotsync icon and several other icons you don't use should be on
    you system tray.

    On Apr 3, 4:47 pm, "Dave" wrote:
    > "henryp" wrote in message
    >
    > news:982e013a-11ed-4626-b778-3f0377d8ffb1@t54g2000hsg.googlegroups.com...> On Apr 1, 11:31 am, "Dave" wrote:
    > >> The Hotsync icon in the task bar of Windows XP Pro has disappeared. My
    > >> Palm
    > >> T3 still hot-syncs but as I say the icon isn't there. Any ideas how I can
    > >> get it back without a re-install.
    > >> Thanks

    > > Try this:
    > > Start->Programs->Palm (or Palmone)->Hotsync Manager
    > > Presuming that works, you need to put a shortcut to Hotsync manager in
    > > Start->Programs->Startup
    > > - henry

    > Thanks, tried that already but today after a reboot it magically reappeared
    > .
    > Dave

+ Reply to Thread