Handsfee kit, Treo 680 doesn't seem to know about it - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Handsfee kit, Treo 680 doesn't seem to know about it - Palmtop ; I have just installed a "Comfort Plus DSP Hands-free Car kit", apart from routing the wires it was pretty straightforward. However our Palm 680 (UK, GSM, unlocked) doesn't seem to know that it's in the car kit when it's in ...

  1. Handsfee kit, Treo 680 doesn't seem to know about it

    I have just installed a "Comfort Plus DSP Hands-free Car kit", apart
    from routing the wires it was pretty straightforward.

    However our Palm 680 (UK, GSM, unlocked) doesn't seem to know that
    it's in the car kit when it's in the cradle. I have it set to "auto
    answer" in Wired Car Kit but it obstinately acts as if it was not
    plugged in to the car kit at all.

    How is it supposed to detect that it's plugged into the cradle?

    --
    Chris Green

  2. Re: Handsfee kit, Treo 680 doesn't seem to know about it

    tinnews@isbd.co.uk wrote:
    > I have just installed a "Comfort Plus DSP Hands-free Car kit", apart
    > from routing the wires it was pretty straightforward.
    >
    > However our Palm 680 (UK, GSM, unlocked) doesn't seem to know that
    > it's in the car kit when it's in the cradle. I have it set to "auto
    > answer" in Wired Car Kit but it obstinately acts as if it was not
    > plugged in to the car kit at all.
    >
    > How is it supposed to detect that it's plugged into the cradle?

    Well I think I've found one problem, the loudspeaker plug needs a very
    hard push to get it fully into the socket and connected, now it's
    properly in at least the loudspeaker seems OK.

    However we're still totally perplexed by the way the Treo 680 acts in
    the cradle. Sometimes it picks calls up automatically, other times it
    doesn't, apparently without us changing anything in between. Are we
    missing something obvious here?

    --
    Chris Green

+ Reply to Thread