Can't sync Clie with Vista... - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Can't sync Clie with Vista... - Palmtop ; Hello, I've used Sony Clies for about 5 or 6 years now. I recently bought a new computer with Window Vista and I can't get the Hotsync manager to "backup" my Clie. Any ideas/help/info would be highly appreciated. PlainDave...

  1. Can't sync Clie with Vista...

    Hello,

    I've used Sony Clies for about 5 or 6 years now. I recently bought a
    new computer with Window Vista and I can't get the Hotsync manager to
    "backup" my Clie. Any ideas/help/info would be highly appreciated.

    PlainDave

  2. Re: Can't sync Clie with Vista...

    On Mar 18, 9:16*pm, PlainDave wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I've used Sony Clies for about 5 or 6 years now. *I recently bought a
    > new computer with Window Vista and I can't get the Hotsync manager to
    > "backup" my Clie. *Any ideas/help/info would be highly appreciated.
    >
    > PlainDave

    Is there anybody here??? It's a simple question!

  3. Re: Can't sync Clie with Vista...

    PlainDave a écrit :
    > On Mar 18, 9:16 pm, PlainDave wrote:
    >> Hello,
    >>
    >> I've used Sony Clies for about 5 or 6 years now. I recently bought a
    >> new computer with Window Vista and I can't get the Hotsync manager to
    >> "backup" my Clie. Any ideas/help/info would be highly appreciated.
    >>
    >> PlainDave

    > Is there anybody here??? It's a simple question!

    Hi !

    Well, I don't own a Clie and I'm trying to avoid Vista for the time
    being. So I can't give an anwser as is...

    But, I can try... Did you download the latest PalmDesktop software (or
    the Sony equivalent if any) ? Palm has released a new version of this
    software to support Vista.

    Charly

  4. Re: Can't sync Clie with Vista...

    "PlainDave" wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > I've used Sony Clies for about 5 or 6 years now. I recently bought a
    > new computer with Window Vista and I can't get the Hotsync manager to
    > "backup" my Clie. Any ideas/help/info would be highly appreciated.
    >
    > PlainDave

    Bad news I'm afraid.

    Googling "clie hotsync vista" or "palm hotsync vista" brings up all sorts of
    discussion threads in various forums all indicating strongly that there are
    serious compatibility problems between Palm/Clie and Vista.

    There's a Palm page: http://www.palm.com/us/support/windowsvista/index.html

    One user I found is even dual booting XP just to run Palm Desktop with
    Hotsync because of the incompatibilities with Vista.

    Harold Fuchs
    London, England

  5. Re: Can't sync Clie with Vista...

    On Mar 20, 5:34*am, "Harold Fuchs" wrote:
    > Bad news I'm afraid.
    >
    > Googling "clie hotsync vista" or "palm hotsync vista" brings up all sorts of
    > discussion threads in various forums all indicating strongly that there are
    > serious compatibility problems between Palm/Clie and Vista.
    >
    > There's a Palm page:http://www.palm.com/us/support/windowsvista/index.html
    >
    > One user I found is even dual booting XP just to run Palm Desktop with
    > Hotsync because of the incompatibilities with Vista.
    >
    > Harold Fuchs
    > London, England

    Thanks to all who tried to help. I also apologize for getting
    impatient and being nasty.

    I tried everything that you all suggested, but to no avail. I just
    wrote Sony support and hopefully will hear something good. I'll let
    you know.

    PlainDave

  6. Re: Can't sync Clie with Vista...

    In article <8b9e7ec0-614b-4eb8-9b09-a79636f5d46a@
    59g2000hsb.googlegroups.com>, ddenney@gmail.com says...

    > I just wrote Sony support and hopefully will hear something good. I'll let
    > you know.
    >
    > PlainDave

    Hellooo . . .
    Sony has not made/sold a PDA for years, the support dept for PDAs was
    laid off/shut down years ago, so don't hold your breath.

+ Reply to Thread