My T3 can read a 2Gb SD card! - Palmtop

This is a discussion on My T3 can read a 2Gb SD card! - Palmtop ; I always thought that the limit for a T3 was 1Gb. I bought a 2 Gb SD card (actually a 2GB microSD to use in my phone). I use it to record MP4 using a Sandisk Vmate from the TV. ...

  1. My T3 can read a 2Gb SD card!

    I always thought that the limit for a T3 was 1Gb. I bought a 2 Gb SD card
    (actually a 2GB microSD to use in my phone). I use it to record MP4 using a
    Sandisk Vmate from the TV. I put the card in my T3 and I can watch the
    recorded MP4 using TCPMP.
    How come?
    Mick

  2. Re: My T3 can read a 2Gb SD card!

    In article , xxx@xxx.com
    says...
    > I always thought that the limit for a T3 was 1Gb. I bought a 2 Gb SD card
    > (actually a 2GB microSD to use in my phone). I use it to record MP4 using a
    > Sandisk Vmate from the TV. I put the card in my T3 and I can watch the
    > recorded MP4 using TCPMP.
    > How come?
    > Mick

    Look at the CardInfo app. The T3 can only see the first 1.5Gig

  3. Re: My T3 can read a 2Gb SD card!

    Thanks.
    "Jim Anderson" wrote in message
    news:MPG.224341da1571554a98969f@news.frontiernet.n et...
    > In article , xxx@xxx.com
    > says...
    >> I always thought that the limit for a T3 was 1Gb. I bought a 2 Gb SD card
    >> (actually a 2GB microSD to use in my phone). I use it to record MP4 using
    >> Sandisk Vmate from the TV. I put the card in my T3 and I can watch the
    >> recorded MP4 using TCPMP.
    >> How come?
    >> Mick

    > Look at the CardInfo app. The T3 can only see the first 1.5Gig

  4. Re: My T3 can read a 2Gb SD card!

    On Fri, 14 Mar 2008 18:21:45 +0000, Mick wrote:

    > Thanks.
    > "Jim Anderson" wrote in message
    > news:MPG.224341da1571554a98969f@news.frontiernet.n et...
    >> In article , xxx@xxx.com
    >> says...
    >>> I always thought that the limit for a T3 was 1Gb. I bought a 2 Gb SD
    >>> card (actually a 2GB microSD to use in my phone). I use it to record
    >>> MP4 using a
    >>> Sandisk Vmate from the TV. I put the card in my T3 and I can watch the
    >>> recorded MP4 using TCPMP.
    >>> How come?
    >>> Mick

    >> Look at the CardInfo app. The T3 can only see the first 1.5Gig

    Mine says "Free Space 1.8G of 1.8G." on a blank Lexar Platinum II 60x.

  5. Re: My T3 can read a 2Gb SD card!

    > Mine says "Free Space 1.8G of 1.8G." on a blank Lexar Platinum II 60x.
    I just checked mine and in cardinfo it reads 1936.8 Mb. I have also
    discovered that you cannot delete files in filez. Maybe the T3 can read 2Gb
    cards but cant otherwise use them.
    Mick

  6. Re: My T3 can read a 2Gb SD card!

    On Mar 15, 10:22*am, "Mick" wrote:
    > > Mine says "Free Space 1.8G of 1.8G." on a blank Lexar Platinum II 60x.

    > I just checked mine and in cardinfo it reads 1936.8 Mb. I have also
    > discovered that you cannot delete files in filez. Maybe the T3 can read 2Gb
    > cards but cant otherwise use them.
    > Mick

    Yes, you are right. You can only read from the 2GB card - nothing
    else. But that works perfectly, so I watch movies from that card I
    have (a TwinMOS 2GB x150), like you said you did.

    /Lasse

  7. Re: My T3 can read a 2Gb SD card!

    "Laser" wrote in message
    On Mar 15, 10:22 am, "Mick" wrote:
    > > Mine says "Free Space 1.8G of 1.8G." on a blank Lexar Platinum II 60x.

    > I just checked mine and in cardinfo it reads 1936.8 Mb. I have also
    > discovered that you cannot delete files in filez. Maybe the T3 can read 2Gb
    > cards but cant otherwise use them.
    > Mick

    Yes, you are right. You can only read from the 2GB card - nothing
    else. But that works perfectly, so I watch movies from that card I
    have (a TwinMOS 2GB x150), like you said you did.

    /Lasse

    Interestingly my Garmin iQue has the same version of Palm OS but with a revision and
    reads and writes to a 2 Gig card just fine.

    Adam

+ Reply to Thread