Watching video on T|X - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Watching video on T|X - Palmtop ; What's the best app for watching video on a T|X? I'm familiar with Kinoma and have heard of TCMP (but I haven't tried it). I'm looking for real-world experiences, including battery life and file sizes. I'd like to watch TV ...

  1. Watching video on T|X

    What's the best app for watching video on a T|X? I'm familiar with
    Kinoma and have heard of TCMP (but I haven't tried it). I'm looking for
    real-world experiences, including battery life and file sizes. I'd like
    to watch TV shows while travelling.

    I'm also interested in any good sites to get videos.

    Thanks in advance,

    Steve

    --
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity.
    Lick it once and you suck forever.

  2. Re: Watching video on T|X

    On Fri, 07 Mar 2008 02:57:52 -0000, Scarab1
    wrote:

    >What's the best app for watching video on a T|X? I'm familiar with
    >Kinoma and have heard of TCMP (but I haven't tried it). I'm looking for
    >real-world experiences, including battery life and file sizes. I'd like
    >to watch TV shows while travelling.
    >
    >I'm also interested in any good sites to get videos.

    There are three good video apps for the TX, TCPMP
    http://picard.exceed.hu/tcpmp/test/, Coreplayer
    http://www.coreplayer.com/, and Kinoma http://www.kinoma.com/. TCPMP
    was the beta version of Coreplayer and is no longer being developed
    but it's a nice, free, no-frills media player.

    If you have DVDs, you can rip them and convert them to a Palm friendly
    ..avi format using a combination of DVD Decrypter
    http://www.dvddecrypter.org.uk/ and AutoGK http://www.autogk.net/.
    Another useful application for converting DVDs and video files which
    is easier to use and more versatile than AutoGK is Handrake
    http://handbrake.fr/.
    --
    Cause, really, nothing says "I'm a counter culture
    rebel, fighting the establishment" like an Aibo on

    Roberto Castillo
    robertocastillo@ameritech.net
    http://zombie-gulch.myminicity.com/

  3. Re: Watching video on T|X

    On 2008-03-07, Scarab1 wrote:
    > What's the best app for watching video on a T|X? I'm familiar with
    > Kinoma and have heard of TCMP (but I haven't tried it). I'm looking for
    > real-world experiences, including battery life and file sizes. I'd like
    > to watch TV shows while travelling.
    >
    > I'm also interested in any good sites to get videos.
    > Thanks in advance,
    > Steve

    Kinoma offers re-encoding tools so you might prefer it if you don't like
    getting your hands dirty.

    I use TCMP an ffmpeg to do my re-encoding since I prefer smaller lighter apps.

    --
    -Toby

  4. Re: Watching video on T|X

    In article ,
    Scarab1 wrote:

    > What's the best app for watching video on a T|X? I'm familiar with
    > Kinoma and have heard of TCMP (but I haven't tried it). I'm looking for
    > real-world experiences, including battery life and file sizes. I'd like
    > to watch TV shows while travelling.

    I've been using TCPMP for a while now. I've watched a full movie on it
    and still have battery charge to spare. I can't recall just how much
    but I'm pretty sure it still has more than 50% charge. Feature films
    run 600Mb to almost 2Gb. I use a 4Gb flash card.

    > I'm also interested in any good sites to get videos.

    I've just been converting DVDs I have. I have had problems with some
    DVDs not converting correctly (audio and video out of sync) but an
    update to the software (Handbrake) seems to have fixed that.

    --
    Clark Martin