Just synchronising Outlook information? - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Just synchronising Outlook information? - Palmtop ; I have a problem with my LifeDrive. some piece of software that I installed has messed up the WiFi. If i do a hard reset, I can connect fine, but once I sync it stops connecting. What do I need ...

  1. Just synchronising Outlook information?

    I have a problem with my LifeDrive. some piece of software that I
    installed has messed up the WiFi. If i do a hard reset, I can connect
    fine, but once I sync it stops connecting. What do I need to delete
    on my PC in order to stop the installed programmes being reinstalled
    when I Hotsync? I obviously need to bring my calender and contacts
    over to the Palm, but then I want to reinstall each app one by one to
    figure out which one is causing the problem.

    TIA,
    Stuart

  2. Re: Just synchronising Outlook information?

    In article 72g2000hsu.googlegroups.com>, srtgray@clara.co.uk says...
    > I have a problem with my LifeDrive. some piece of software that I
    > installed has messed up the WiFi. If i do a hard reset, I can connect
    > fine, but once I sync it stops connecting. What do I need to delete
    > on my PC in order to stop the installed programmes being reinstalled
    > when I Hotsync? I obviously need to bring my calender and contacts
    > over to the Palm, but then I want to reinstall each app one by one to
    > figure out which one is causing the problem.
    >
    > TIA,
    > Stuart

    Assuming you have a PC;
    Find your User Data, ussually c:\program files\palm\[username] and
    rename the backup folder to OLD Backup. Do a hard reset, hotsync. Now
    you will have all your PIM info but none of the 3rd party apps or data.

  3. Re: Just synchronising Outlook information?

    On Feb 25, 4:45 pm, Jim Anderson
    wrote:

    > Assuming you have a PC;
    > Find your User Data, ussually c:\program files\palm\[username] and
    > rename the backup folder to OLD Backup. Do a hard reset, hotsync. Now
    > you will have all your PIM info but none of the 3rd party apps or data.

    Thanks, that sorted it out

    Stuart

+ Reply to Thread