Somehow the screen/digitizer (I'm guessing) got damaged when I was
replacing the screen protector on my Tugsten E.

The old protector, even though it had worn a hole in the graffiti
area, was stuck very tight and I think pulled something loose in
removing. Anyway, since replacing it there is either no response to
the stylus or misdirected random response. The display itself and hard
keys work fine.

Can anyone suggest how it can be repaired? I looked at buying a
screen/digitizer component from pdaparts but 1) am only guessing that
will repair it, 2) it's out of stock at pdaparts anyway.

Is there a place that repairs/refurbishes these devices that anyone
has experience with? Any comments on Palm's service (aside from how
expensive it is)?

Thanks for any info and help.