Palm Desktop 6.2 Hangs in Vista - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Palm Desktop 6.2 Hangs in Vista - Palmtop ; No reply as yet on http://www.pdastreet.com/forums/showthread.php?p=325573 New Vista machine, only program that gives me trouble is the Palm Desktop app. I can Hotsync OK and I'm using my TX happily, but I can't open the Desktop app, which I only ...

  1. Palm Desktop 6.2 Hangs in Vista

    No reply as yet on
    http://www.pdastreet.com/forums/showthread.php?p=325573

    New Vista machine, only program that gives me trouble is the Palm
    Desktop app. I can Hotsync OK and I'm using my TX happily, but I can't
    open the Desktop app, which I only use to transfer photos via the
    media conduit anyway.

    The Splash screen "Palm Desktop by ACCESS" appears then it stops. I
    saw a previous thread suggesting this is a rights issue but I've tried
    running the program as Administrator and also in XP compatibility mode
    but nothing seems to work.

    Palm.exe shows as 00 CPU and 6 to 7 Mb memory in Task Manager and
    those values are static.

    Anyone similar? got a fix?

  2. Re: Palm Desktop 6.2 Hangs in Vista

    Go to www.palm.com and check out their support section for Vista.

    Free Software - Baxter Codeworks www.baxcode.com

    "nicandal" wrote in message
    > No reply as yet on
    > http://www.pdastreet.com/forums/showthread.php?p=325573
    >
    > New Vista machine, only program that gives me trouble is the Palm
    > Desktop app. I can Hotsync OK and I'm using my TX happily, but I can't
    > open the Desktop app, which I only use to transfer photos via the
    > media conduit anyway.
    >
    > The Splash screen "Palm Desktop by ACCESS" appears then it stops. I
    > saw a previous thread suggesting this is a rights issue but I've tried
    > running the program as Administrator and also in XP compatibility mode
    > but nothing seems to work.
    >
    > Palm.exe shows as 00 CPU and 6 to 7 Mb memory in Task Manager and
    > those values are static.
    >
    > Anyone similar? got a fix?

  3. Re: Palm Desktop 6.2 Hangs in Vista

    On 11 Feb, 02:31, "Baxter" wrote:
    > Go towww.palm.comand check out their support section for Vista.

    I have. Have you?
    As you can see, I'm on the recommended version of the Desktop software
    and my issue is not with Office or Docs to Go. Thus ends the advice
    from Palm, unless you know better.

  4. Re: Palm Desktop 6.2 Hangs in Vista

    As Palm suggests, you might try an earlier version of the Palm Desktop.

    Unfortunately, Palm compatability under Vista is very probamatical - in fact
    a lot of programs don't run under Vista.

    "nicandal" wrote in message
    > On 11 Feb, 02:31, "Baxter" wrote:
    >> Go towww.palm.comand check out their support section for Vista.
    >>

    > I have. Have you?
    > As you can see, I'm on the recommended version of the Desktop software
    > and my issue is not with Office or Docs to Go. Thus ends the advice
    > from Palm, unless you know better.

+ Reply to Thread