Freeware Password App - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Freeware Password App - Palmtop ; On Sat, 23 Feb 2008 00:50:46 GMT, Gil Baron wrote: >Ebbe Kristensen wrote: >>I don't use one myself but my wife uses Roboform - which unfortunately is >>not free. >The best for desktop but the Palm module is useless as ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 24 of 24

  1. Re: Freeware Password App

    On Sat, 23 Feb 2008 00:50:46 GMT, Gil Baron wrote:

    >Ebbe Kristensen wrote:
    >>I don't use one myself but my wife uses Roboform - which unfortunately is
    >>not free.

    >The best for desktop but the Palm module is useless as it cnn't be edited and decryption is SLOW.

    Npass: http://www.nanide.com/software.html

    Mike

    Mike Pawka eznoh@niceup.com RAW #94
    Jammin Reggae Archives Cybrarian niceup.com
    Jammin Reggae Virtual Radio Cyber-DJ reggaeradio.org
    Nice Up Enterprises FAX/PH: 619-226-6108

  2. Re: Freeware Password App

    On Feb 26, 12:08 pm, Mike Pawka wrote:
    > On Sat, 23 Feb 2008 00:50:46 GMT, Gil Baron wrote:
    > >Ebbe Kristensen wrote:
    > >>I don't use one myself but my wife uses Roboform - which unfortunately is
    > >>not free.

    > >The best for desktop but the Palm module is useless as it cnn't be edited and decryption is SLOW.

    > Npass:http://www.nanide.com/software.html

    NAK. Do you really want to trust your passwords to closed crapware
    when there's free alternatives? At least Keyring for Palm has had
    some kind of peer review of the code.

    http://gnukeyring.sourceforge.net/

  3. Re: Freeware Password App

    On Feb 11, 6:28 am, David Cantrell wrote:
    > On Fri, Feb 08, 2008 at 04:11:18PM -0000, Trust No One? wrote:
    > > Call me paranoid but I would avoid any password manager that is freeware.

    > OK. You're paranoid. And not the good kind of paranoid.

    Actually, that's a reasonable amount of paranoia. Remember, freeware
    is a misnomer for software without source being dumped on the market
    at no charge. There's nothing respecting your freedom to use such
    software as you see fit, nor is there anything necessarily respecting
    your data privacy.

    Free software is not the same as freeware. See Wikipedia.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_software

  4. Re: Freeware Password App

    On Feb 9, 11:57 am, Mort wrote:

    > I use NYX password storage (free) fromwww.nyxbull.com. There's an
    > (alpha) PC version as well that can read the Windows Mobile data file.

    If it's free, where's the source code, and where's the license? I
    couldn't find either glancing through their site. If it doesn't
    respect your freedom and privacy, it's not really free, no matter what
    the monetary cost.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2