andy M wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> with much sadness I have been forced to retire my PalmOS Clie and move
> to an HTC Touch running WM6. I used my palm as a PDA a lot and im
> looking to replace some of the functionality I had with WM software.
> Does anyone have suggestions for:
>
> 1) A Password safe - Ive been using Zetetic "Strip" which was
> perfect . I need to be able to store passwords and CC numbers and PINs
> etc. An accompanying windows desktop app would be cool but not
> essential

Call me paranoid but I would avoid any password manager that is freeware.

Imagine a criminally minded hacker builds in a routine in their freeware
password app to "phone home" the contents of the database when the PDA is
synced with the desktop computer. Imagine all your CC numbers, PINs, PayPal
passwords etc in the hands of hackers! Bear in mind also (at least in the
UK) that you would be responsible for all losses if your CC/bank card PINS
were compromised in this way.

I would only go with a product made by a well established reputable software
house. Too much at stake. I know most freeware products are probably
reputable but I'm unwilling to take that chance with so much at risk.

BTW I keep my passwords on my desktop computer in a pgp encrypted text file

--
Peter