Re: Freeware Password App - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Re: Freeware Password App - Palmtop ; andy M wrote: > 1) A Password safe - Ive been using Zetetic "Strip" which was > perfect . I need to be able to store passwords and CC numbers and PINs > etc. An accompanying windows desktop app would ...

  1. Re: Freeware Password App

    andy M wrote:

    > 1) A Password safe - Ive been using Zetetic "Strip" which was
    > perfect . I need to be able to store passwords and CC numbers and PINs
    > etc. An accompanying windows desktop app would be cool but not
    > essential

    I don't use one myself but my wife uses Roboform - which unfortunately is
    not free.

    > 2) A stock tracking app (doesnt need to trade, just download portfolio
    > details)

    Pass.

    > 3) Currency converter (with online update)

    Pass as well.

    > 4) A scientific calculator with unit conversion

    I use a free HP-41 emulator, found here: http://www.hp41.org

    Ebbe

  2. Re: Freeware Password App

    >> 1) A Password safe - Ive been using Zetetic "Strip" which was
    perfect . I need to be able to store passwords and CC numbers and PINs
    etc. An accompanying windows desktop app would be cool but not
    essential <<

    know that the winmobile devices master password is very secure with
    respect to anything in main memory... otherwise, google for POCKETPC
    PASSWORD...

    many good things have been posted about ewallet over the years

    >> 2) A stock tracking app (doesnt need to trade, just download

    portfolio details) <<

    Might see what your online service looks like using pie... for example,
    if it offers details in pdf format, download and open in acrobat's pdf
    reader

    >> 3) Currency converter (with online update) <<

    "Gamma Unit" did this but is now gone... google time. Gamma Unit is a
    still great unit converter, but, if you run "update currency" you will
    have to re-install the app.

    >> 4) A scientific calculator with unit conversion <<

    There are a number of excellent calculators out there as well as unit
    converters... google time. My suggestion (without units) is Eval from
    Sachs.

    Beverly Howard [MS MVP-Mobile Devices]

+ Reply to Thread