TX digitiser problem... - Palmtop

This is a discussion on TX digitiser problem... - Palmtop ; My TX digitiser is needing resetting every hour - and sometimes half-a-dozen times in an hour... the point the pen hits seems to drift downwords, off the screen. Palm said it had to be my software (which is unchanged, and ...

  1. TX digitiser problem...

    My TX digitiser is needing resetting every hour - and sometimes
    half-a-dozen times in an hour... the point the pen hits seems to drift
    downwords, off the screen.

    Palm said it had to be my software (which is unchanged, and worked just
    fine for ages); what should I do?

    Help!

    - duncan

  2. Re: TX digitiser problem...

    Duncan Langford wrote:
    > My TX digitiser is needing resetting every hour - and sometimes
    > half-a-dozen times in an hour... the point the pen hits seems to drift
    > downwords, off the screen.
    >
    > Palm said it had to be my software (which is unchanged, and worked just
    > fine for ages); what should I do?

    The only remedy that seems to work permanently is replacing the original
    plastic digitizer with a glass digitizer. I bought one for about
    $60 from http://www.pdaparts.com (Code: PA1693) and my T|X has worked
    perfectly since then. I had been having lots of digitizer problems,
    and even had the entire unit replaced under warranty due to digitizer
    issues but the replacement unit started having similar problems almost
    as soon as I got it.

    Taking the T|X apart and replacing the screen might be a little scary
    if you're not used to working on delicate stuff, but if you take your
    time it's not really difficult. You'll need a T-5 Torx bit to remove
    the case screws.

  3. Re: TX digitiser problem...

    On 2008-02-06, Mark Olson wrote:
    > Duncan Langford wrote:
    >> My TX digitiser is needing resetting every hour - and sometimes
    >> half-a-dozen times in an hour... the point the pen hits seems to drift
    >> downwords, off the screen.
    >>
    >> Palm said it had to be my software (which is unchanged, and worked just
    >> fine for ages); what should I do?

    > The only remedy that seems to work permanently is replacing the original
    > plastic digitizer with a glass digitizer. I bought one for about
    > $60 from http://www.pdaparts.com (Code: PA1693) and my T|X has worked
    > perfectly since then. I had been having lots of digitizer problems,
    > and even had the entire unit replaced under warranty due to digitizer
    > issues but the replacement unit started having similar problems almost
    > as soon as I got it.
    >
    > Taking the T|X apart and replacing the screen might be a little scary
    > if you're not used to working on delicate stuff, but if you take your
    > time it's not really difficult. You'll need a T-5 Torx bit to remove
    > the case screws.

    pdaparts.com are out of stock at the moment.

    --
    -Toby

  4. Re: TX digitiser problem...

    d.langford@ukc.ac.uk (Duncan Langford), who said:
    >Palm said it had to be my software

    They always do.

    If you're still under warranty, make a backup, do a hard reset, verify
    the problem still exists (it will), send it for repair/replacement.

    --hymie! http://lactose.homelinux.net/~hymie hymie@lactose.homelinux.net
    ------------------------ Without caffeine for 464 days ------------------------

  5. Re: TX digitiser problem...

    PdaParts have now got stock of glass digitisers for the TX at

    "Duncan Langford" wrote in message
    > My TX digitiser is needing resetting every hour - and sometimes
    > half-a-dozen times in an hour... the point the pen hits seems to drift
    > downwords, off the screen.
    >
    > Palm said it had to be my software (which is unchanged, and worked just
    > fine for ages); what should I do?
    >
    > Help!
    >
    > - duncan

+ Reply to Thread