Resco Locker or PowerMan vs. SD Card - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Resco Locker or PowerMan vs. SD Card - Palmtop ; My new Treo 680 has an interesting issue with Resco Locker and Powerman from WISH Solutions. If either, or both, are installed, the Treo won't recognize the SD card; it doesn't appear in the Launcher, nor in any file management ...

  1. Resco Locker or PowerMan vs. SD Card

    My new Treo 680 has an interesting issue with Resco Locker and Powerman
    from WISH Solutions. If either, or both, are installed, the Treo won't
    recognize the SD card; it doesn't appear in the Launcher, nor in any
    file management utilities. Deinstall both of them, and all is well.

    Jan at Resco informed me that this is a rare, but known, issue with
    Treos (and/or Garnet) that isn't due to their software (of course), but
    coincidence.

    I'd like to use both programs, but not until this issue is resolved.

    Jan mentioned something about a program that would force-mount the SD
    card a few seconds after everything comes up. He didn't have a URL for
    it. Any clues?

  2. Re: Resco Locker or PowerMan vs. SD Card

    Previously on comp.sys.palmtops.pilot, Joe Sewell said:

    > My new Treo 680 has an interesting issue with Resco Locker and Powerman
    > from WISH Solutions. If either, or both, are installed, the Treo won't
    > recognize the SD card; it doesn't appear in the Launcher, nor in any
    > file management utilities. Deinstall both of them, and all is well.

    No such problem with Resco Locker on my 680. I don't use Powerman.

    > Jan mentioned something about a program that would force-mount the SD
    > card a few seconds after everything comes up. He didn't have a URL for
    > it. Any clues?

    I think Profile Care from GoTreoSoftware (dot com) has a setting for
    that.

    --
    Jeffrey Kaplan www.gordol.org

    "What? Look, somebody's got to have some damn perspective around here!
    Boom. Sooner or later. +BOOM+!" (Lt. Cmdr. Ivanova, B5 "Grail")

  3. Re: Resco Locker or PowerMan vs. SD Card

    On Feb 5, 1:11*am, Jeffrey Kaplan wrote:
    > Previously on comp.sys.palmtops.pilot, Joe Sewell said:
    >
    > > My new Treo 680 has an interesting issue with Resco Locker and Powerman
    > > from WISH Solutions. If either, or both, are installed, the Treo won't
    > > recognize the SD card; it doesn't appear in the Launcher, nor in any
    > > file management utilities. Deinstall both of them, and all is well.

    > No such problem with Resco Locker on my 680. *I don't use Powerman.
    >
    > > Jan mentioned something about a program that would force-mount the SD
    > > card a few seconds after everything comes up. He didn't have a URL for
    > > it. Any clues?

    > I think Profile Care from GoTreoSoftware (dot com) has a setting for
    > that.
    >
    > --
    > Jeffrey Kaplan * * * * * * * * * * * * * * ** * * * *www.gordol.org
    > The from userid is killfiled * * * * * * Send personal mail togordol
    >
    > "What? *Look, somebody's got to have some damn perspective around here!
    > Boom. *Sooner or later. +BOOM+!" *(Lt. Cmdr. Ivanova, B5 "Grail")

    Thanks for the recommendation, but I didn't see anything in Profile
    Care's manual that dealt with the SD card other than it cannot be run
    from one.

  4. Re: Resco Locker or PowerMan vs. SD Card

    In article <1bvfq31lentoaua5gmu49rvo3j1runu5sd@gordol.org>,
    Jeffrey Kaplan wrote:

    > Previously on comp.sys.palmtops.pilot, Joe Sewell said:
    >
    > > My new Treo 680 has an interesting issue with Resco Locker and Powerman
    > > from WISH Solutions. If either, or both, are installed, the Treo won't
    > > recognize the SD card; it doesn't appear in the Launcher, nor in any
    > > file management utilities. Deinstall both of them, and all is well.

    > No such problem with Resco Locker on my 680. I don't use Powerman.
    >
    > > Jan mentioned something about a program that would force-mount the SD
    > > card a few seconds after everything comes up. He didn't have a URL for
    > > it. Any clues?

    > I think Profile Care from GoTreoSoftware (dot com) has a setting for
    > that.

    Furthermore, Profile Care claims it isn't compatible with the Treo 680.

    Any other suggestions?

  5. Re: Resco Locker or PowerMan vs. SD Card

    On Feb 10, 6:02*pm, Joe Sewell wrote:
    > In article <1bvfq31lentoaua5gmu49rvo3j1runu...@gordol.org>,
    > *Jeffrey Kaplan wrote:
    >
    > > Previously on comp.sys.palmtops.pilot, Joe Sewell said:

    > > > My new Treo 680 has an interesting issue with Resco Locker and Powerman
    > > > from WISH Solutions. If either, or both, are installed, the Treo won't
    > > > recognize the SD card; it doesn't appear in the Launcher, nor in any
    > > > file management utilities. Deinstall both of them, and all is well.

    > > No such problem with Resco Locker on my 680. *I don't use Powerman.

    > > > Jan mentioned something about a program that would force-mount the SD
    > > > card a few seconds after everything comes up. He didn't have a URL for
    > > > it. Any clues?

    > > I think Profile Care from GoTreoSoftware (dot com) has a setting for
    > > that.

    > Furthermore, Profile Care claims it isn't compatible with the Treo 680.
    >
    > Any other suggestions?

    Hobbyist Software has an interesting discussion on the issue at
    http://wiki.hobbyistsoftware.com/wiki/Invisible_sd_card . I have not
    yet verified that cardkeeper fixes the problem.

+ Reply to Thread