Reliable source for Palm Tungsten E batteries? - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Reliable source for Palm Tungsten E batteries? - Palmtop ; I want to replace the battery in my old Palm Tungsten E. (I've upgraded to a newer model, but with a new battery, it might make a good starter PDA for a friend.) eBay shows 165 matches for "Palm Tungsten ...

  1. Reliable source for Palm Tungsten E batteries?

    I want to replace the battery in my old Palm Tungsten E. (I've upgraded
    to a newer model, but with a new battery, it might make a good starter
    PDA for a friend.)

    eBay shows 165 matches for "Palm Tungsten E battery", although some of
    those are false matches. However, I'm somewhat leery of buying
    batteries off eBay. Batteries seem like something that would be easy to
    fake / counterfeit, and hard to tell that you've got a fake /
    counterfeit until something bad happened.

    Any recommendations for reliable battery vendors, on or off of eBay?

    Bob Pownall

  2. Re: Reliable source for Palm Tungsten E batteries?

    I took mine to a local battery store (in Dallas, Texas), they charged me
    $ 35, but did a good job.
    jeff

    Bob Pownall wrote:
    > I want to replace the battery in my old Palm Tungsten E. (I've upgraded
    > to a newer model, but with a new battery, it might make a good starter
    > PDA for a friend.)
    >
    > eBay shows 165 matches for "Palm Tungsten E battery", although some of
    > those are false matches. However, I'm somewhat leery of buying
    > batteries off eBay. Batteries seem like something that would be easy to
    > fake / counterfeit, and hard to tell that you've got a fake /
    > counterfeit until something bad happened.
    >
    > Any recommendations for reliable battery vendors, on or off of eBay?
    >
    > Bob Pownall

  3. Re: Reliable source for Palm Tungsten E batteries?

    To follow-up, the battery arrived promptly and the installation went
    relatively smoothly. The biggest problem was getting the old battery
    loose from the case, given the double-sided tape that was used to hold
    the old battery in place.

    The only other problem was that the instructions on the PDAParts website
    didn't mention the need to do a soft reset after installing the battery.
    That didn't occur to me, so I had to contact PDAPart's customer
    support for help when the new battery wouldn't charge. They're the ones
    who told me of the need to do the soft reset.

    Bob Pownall

+ Reply to Thread