versamail and Thunderbird Portable - Palmtop

This is a discussion on versamail and Thunderbird Portable - Palmtop ; Jose wrote: > I use Thunderbird Portable when I am traveling, and use the > chip that is > in my Palm Tungsten E to hold the profile (with all my Emails > and such). > I put the chip ...

  1. Re: versamail and Thunderbird Portable

    Jose wrote:

    > I use Thunderbird Portable when I am traveling, and use the
    > chip that is
    > in my Palm Tungsten E to hold the profile (with all my Emails
    > and such).
    > I put the chip in a card reader to use the portable version
    > of
    > Thunderbird on a guest computer with USB ports.
    >
    > I can't actually read the files on the palm, but that's ok -
    > when I"m on
    > the guest computer I can copy stuff to Word and use Docs to Go
    > and read
    > it. But this is a roundabout way to see stuff.
    >
    > But VersaMail is an email application, and if it could somehow
    > access a
    > copy of my profile on the chip, I could actually use it to
    > read my mail
    > directly when I plug the chip back in my palm.
    >
    > Anybody know a way I could do this?

    You could buy a Treo.
    Or you could hope a programmer creates a conversion utility
    (i.e. convert Thunderbird e-mail to Versamail format ). The
    former seems a better bet.
    --
    Regards,
    Doug

  2. versamail and Thunderbird Portable

    I use Thunderbird Portable when I am traveling, and use the chip that is
    in my Palm Tungsten E to hold the profile (with all my Emails and such).
    I put the chip in a card reader to use the portable version of
    Thunderbird on a guest computer with USB ports.

    I can't actually read the files on the palm, but that's ok - when I"m on
    the guest computer I can copy stuff to Word and use Docs to Go and read
    it. But this is a roundabout way to see stuff.

    But VersaMail is an email application, and if it could somehow access a
    copy of my profile on the chip, I could actually use it to read my mail
    directly when I plug the chip back in my palm.

    Anybody know a way I could do this?

    Jose

  3. Re: versamail and Thunderbird Portable

    > You could buy a Treo.
    > Or you could hope a programmer creates a conversion utility...

    Thanks. I was afraid of that.

    Jose
    --
    You can choose whom to befriend, but you cannot choose whom to love.